Re placed clutch plates, new problem. Please help

Krisw

Hello. This is going to be lengthy but I will try to break it down simply as I can, please bare with me.

MAIN QUESTION:
is there supposed to be a gap between pushrod #2 and the boss nut? Or is pushrod #2 supposed to go all the way in until it is flush with the boss nut? TIA

My 09 FZ6R developed some clutch drag/hard shifting/impossible to find neautral when hot @ 43k km. I adjusted my cable and levers to no avail. Came to the conclusion that new plates were in order. Ordered up some new plates, wire ring, boss nut, pushrod #2 o ring and whatever else was needed. Got everything swapped out and torqued to spec and all was well until a few days ago. I noticed some engine rattle when I was downshifting and engine braking and something just seemed "off". Got the bike home and did some investigating with a stethoscope. Quickly realized that when I was pulling my clutch lever in (disengaging) i could hear almost a metal on metal sound from my clutch. I removed the oil fill cap and I could definately hear a metal on metal sound whenever I pulled the clutch in while the bike was parked and running. I removed the clutch cover, all the pressure plate bolts and springs were snug. I removed those, pulled the pressure plate off, removed push rod 2 and the bearing and then pulled all the discs out to double check the order and condition. There was nothing noticable with the discs and the wire retaining ring was snugly seates in the channel. I thought for sure the wire ring popped out but nope. I re installed all the discs and realized that I did NOT install the last fibre disc "half phased" as described in the manual. Figured for sure that HAD to be the problem. Reinstalled everything and still I was getting the grinding sound. Now I'm mad. I pulled the cover off again and I was going to swap my old final disc for the new one (thinking maybe I bent it or warped it) and thats when I noticed something that looked off. My push rod #2 was not sitting flush against the boss nut, it was out about 2-3 16ths of an ". I referenced the manual and it mentions adjusting the nut and to line up the "mark" on the pushrod #2 and pushrod #2 casing. Now I cant see any marks on the pushrod and I am not sure what the pushrod casing even is. If its the housing that it is sitting in, there is no mark. I looked with a magnifying glass. I figured I would try and adjust the pushrod so that it sits a bit closer, like even 1/16 of an " and just see if it still makes that sound. So I tried to loosen the lock nut on the pushrod adjuster and it is SEIIIZED. I tried every tool in my arsenal other than putting it in a vice which would probably destroy it, and I am at the point where I will order a new one because this one is an issue. My main question for this whole post i guess is:

Is there supposed to be a gap between pushrod #2 and the boss nut or is pushrod #2 supposed to sit flush ?

TIA,
A bummed out rider with only another few months to ride :(