Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

latony007

The new FZ-09.
make sure you ride a street triple before you decide! haven't ridden the fz9 obviously but the street triple I have ridden couple times and it rocks. I might have gotten one if it didn't look like a bug from the front :), well and wasn't more expensive

Cerebus

I have been drooling over the Daytona 675, but after reading a ton of articles/reviews about the Street Triple R, I may be leaning more that way. I just wish the headlight didn't look so goofy.

latony007

I have been drooling over the Daytona 675, but after reading a ton of articles/reviews about the Street Triple R, I may be leaning more that way. I just wish the headlight didn't look so goofy.
its a really great bike, my nephew has a 2012 so i have had a chance to ride it a few times. but id love to try the Daytona 675 too, that sounds like the same power handling but with fairings and not looking like a bug lol. but a lot of people like the naked look.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

pjmac5

v-max is nice, was on my list of upgrades. I just think it deserves a fatter tire in the rear to match a muscle bike.
You can fit a much fatter tire on it then the OEM. Much like this Forum, the VMAX is absolutely loaded with information on mod information for the VMAX. Reading the Forum is dangerous, my credit card never seems to get back into my wallet since a bought her.:D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JFresh

Just walked in to the dealer to take a look at an FJR. It was still in the crate, so they're gonna build it so I can see it tomorrow. Without hassle they already offered it to me cheaper than used ones listed at other dealerships, craigslist, and cycle trader. I hope I don't love it just to avoid explaining to my wife why the bike I left on isn't the same I came back with...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jfont

Just walked in to the dealer to take a look at an FJR. It was still in the crate, so they're gonna build it so I can see it tomorrow. Without hassle they already offered it to me cheaper than used ones listed at other dealerships, craigslist, and cycle trader. I hope I don't love it just to avoid explaining to my wife why the bike I left on isn't the same I came back with...
Awesome! What year? And did the dealer allow you a test ride? It sounds like they want it out haha

JFresh

2013 and it was a test ride limited to the parking lot haha. I'm surprised they even let me do that. The wife approved, but I'm not ready to have that as my only bike, especially without a proper test ride.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

Yep! A bit under 3K miles and love it! As you can see I got few mods already done.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/28/uru3ugy7.jpg[

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk[/quote]
Looking good.

I may be heading that way in a few days, just after the new year. I have the itch to get out of my city and side of the state for an afternoon/day. It gets a little stuffy around here at times I think, lol.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DarkWing

Idk... i think im in love with the rc8r. . . Maybe when i get a bit more riding experiance and pay off the 6r a bit, i would love to get on that girl and ride. I've tried sitting on a bunch of 600cc class bikes, after riding my 6r, none of them come close to being comfy. My legs are too long, same with all the 1000cc bikes. Im like 6' 3" and my legs against the tanks isnt very nice. But i sat on that RC8R... and after struggling to get my leg over that tail (So friggen high!) It fit like a glove. I wasnt bunched up, the wieght wasnt all on my wrists. There is nothing to that seat though haha. The gentleman i was with said that the redline is about 8 or 9k, which i knew, he said that the bike can stand up almost any gear and that compared to the r6 or r1, which have a redline of what? almost 20k? it is annoying to keep shifting so fast, but after he got used to it, it gives a different feeling and makes it fun. I guess it has the same kinda geering an r6 would have, but because it is a vtwin it has less rpms i guess.

I want it!!!! :(

jocampo

Yep! A bit under 3K miles and love it! As you can see I got few mods already done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Beautiful. I think I saw you on YouTube, lol ...

How do you like it so far ? Pros and cons? I used to have a ST. Bought it after my fz6r. Now I ride a Triumph Bonneville SE. I'm debating between buying the fz09 and selling the Bonnie or keep both, after saving few bucks and give a big downpayment. Or ... Get the ST again.

I would love to hear your opinions about the fz09 though, specially comfort , throttle, and brakes. I know suspension is important, but I'm not a hard core rider.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member