stock windshield +?

owldaddy

i read somewhere there shields didnt line up or fit properly...
I had ordered a Puig race screen, and it didn't fit, it was designed for the fairing on the European version of the 6R. I can tell by looking at the shape of this screen that it is different then what they tried to sell me a few weeks ago. Looks to me like this will work, as that is our fairing in the pic.

Roaddawg

I had ordered a Puig race screen, and it didn't fit, it was designed for the fairing on the European version of the 6R. I can tell by looking at the shape of this screen that it is different then what they tried to sell me a few weeks ago. Looks to me like this will work, as that is our fairing in the pic.
That fairing is the European Diversion fairing as well, so they probably won't fit again. You need to ask Puig if these new ones are designed for the US bikes, since their previous ones weren't and Givi's weren't as well....different mounting hole design.

owldaddy

On the screen I had to send back, it wasn't only that the holes didn't match up. If you look at this screen we are talking about, you will notice that the top bolt hole is about 45 degrees bent in from the lower 2. The screen I had to send back didn't have that bend in the screen to match up with the fairing. The fairing in the pic provided here has that bend in it. If you check out "matt_not_andrew" bike, you will notice that the fairing doesn't have that bend in it. I believe this is the fairing that the screen I had to send back fits.http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/painted-givi-plx-luggage-19017/index2.html#post244535

Last edited:

JnT4Life

This new screen does look like a closer fit than the one in "matt_not_andrew" pic. I hope so because I will be getting the touring screen.

stuna

XJ6 WILL NOT FIT :mad:

mfischler

Elite Member

mfischler

Elite Member
I just got an email from Puig (along with these photos) telling me that they now have a Race screen (both in clear and tinted) and a touring screen (only showed me tinted) available. Not sure when they will get to distributors here in the US, but I did ask if I could get one directly from them - should hear back on Monday.

Touring Screen - 5548F

Fingers crossed...
I would definetely be up for one of these. Please let us know what they say.

A1A

Where can you buy the Puig Touring Screen in the USA?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member