Timing advance rotor?

jjmaine

Does anyone know where I can buy a pre made 4 degree advance rotor for my Fz6r? The guys that make them on eBay are out of stock (CCDF). Does anyone else make them? Or if anyone has one that they bought and never used I'd buy it off you!!!😍

SMG516

I'm not sure myself, I think you're just gonna have to wait till CCDF makes another batch.

They renew their stock every monh or two, back when I was researching late last year.

jjmaine

Yeah I think so too. I messaged them and they said they will have more they just don't know when. When they are in stock I'll grab one

SMG516

Yeah I think so too. I messaged them and they said they will have more they just don't know when. When they are in stock I'll grab one
If you havn't already, order the gasket & copper crush washer now (not sure how long shipping would take on your side)

Half Click Up has a great tutorial on YT on how to do it with the part numbers for the gasket & crush washer & torque specs. So give that a watch when the time comes.

jjmaine

Oh yeah I watch all his videos and he has helped me with every question I've had. Super cool dude and willing to help at a moments notice. Good idea on the gasket though I'll get one ordered. As far as the copper washer, I haven't paid for one of them in years. A few seconds with the torch to anneal it and it is as good as new!

SMG516

Have you done the timing advance yet Smg?
Did it around November / December last year.
Bike has a bit more kick to her and 6th gear pulls feel a lot better.
I also went to Premium grade / 98 Octane fuel (was using 95 previously) and it's really opened her up a lot more. Ass Dyno reads a rough %10 improvement.
It's worth it.

jjmaine

Fyi, I have a brand new set of Racetech gold valves w/ the recommended fork oil if anyone has one of the 4 degree advance rotors they want to trade .

I bought the gold valves but then ended up going with cartridges for my forks. If anyone is interested let me know!

SMG516

Nobody has one of these!!! 2 months and still none in stock on ebay😡
Try getting in contact with CCDF via email and ask if/when they plan to restock the product. I remember last year I waited like 4 or 6 months for them to be restocked.

jjmaine

I did and they said they arent sure only that they will have them in stock eventually. I even offered to buy the minimum amount needed to make a run of them because Ive heard from more than 5 people on here and the fz6 forum that are waiting for them.

SMG516

I did and they said they arent sure only that they will have them in stock eventually. I even offered to buy the minimum amount needed to make a run of them because Ive heard from more than 5 people on here and the fz6 forum that are waiting for them.
Bummer. Well good luck with that.

jjmaine

I got one! A guy from the Fz6 forum messaged me with one that he sold me. He’s in France so itll be a couple weeks to arrive but no different than ordering from ebay.

SMG516

I got one! A guy from the Fz6 forum messaged me with one that he sold me. He’s in France so itll be a couple weeks to arrive but no different than ordering from ebay.
Hell yea brother!

If you want a tutoriel on how to install it, wtch Half-Click-Up's video on it. He breaks down the replacement parts needed (gasket & washer) and the yamaha specific tool required to stop the engine from turning over while you undo and retorque the bolt for the rotor.

If you don't have that tool, you can always put the bike in gear and slip a plank of wood through the spokes of the wheel so it jams on the swing arm and stops the engine from turning over.

I think torque spec for the main bolt is 25ft/lbs when you screw it back on. Everything's detailed in the video, so you should be golden.

jjmaine

Yeah I don't think it'll be a problem to install. I plan to make my own tool but thanks for reminding me to order a gasket!

SMG516

UOTE="jjmaine, post: 458795, member: 21603"]
Did it make a noticeable improvement when you installed yours?
[/QUOTE]
As far as I can remember, it was a noticeable difference. 6th gear no longer feels like a drag, she just wants to just go for it when I fully open the throttle. You'll definitely notice the increase with throttle response.

jjmaine

Awesome, that sounds good! I found this adjustable pin wrench I wonder if this will work. Says it goes down to 3/8" so it should do just fine? I'll grab one next time I'm in town. For $7 it's worth not having to make something plus I get a new tool!😈Screenshot_2024-03-15-13-54-57-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg