stock windshield +?

joloy133

I am about to get a new windshield but wonder if I'll miss the breeze/cooling during the summer. Does anyone like the stock set up? Reasons for keeping?

JSP

Super Moderator
I like the stock. I dont like the larger screens... takes away from the sportiness IMO. I actually would prefer a shorter than stock windshield. I dont like the buffeting effect. If you stand up while riding you can see how clean the air can be with no shield. It will just put a little more pressure on your chest.

KenS

Calltrex, I ordered the raised clear windscreen a few days ago so I'm hoping it will be better. Obviously you have a good experience with it, care to share a few more details?

arkkornkid

I like the stock. I dont like the larger screens... takes away from the sportiness IMO. I actually would prefer a shorter than stock windshield. I dont like the buffeting effect. If you stand up while riding you can see how clean the air can be with no shield. It will just put a little more pressure on your chest.
FZ1inNH put a speed screen on his bike and it looks awesome. I wish there was one available for our bike because it looks exactly like what you're describing. I checked it out and it is a bit pricey.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f44/fz1-can-transform-19064/

Last edited:

FitZ6R

I am about to get a new windshield but wonder if I'll miss the breeze/cooling during the summer.
What are you getting? Unless I missed something, there aren't any tall screens that fit the 6R.

I have the Yamaha double bubble clear screen, which is the same height as stock, and my first hot weather ride of the season was comfortable. I'd say the dub-bub really doesn't diminish the the airflow, it just seems to do a better job of "splitting" the wind and reducing noise and buffeting.

joloy133

What are you getting? Unless I missed something, there aren't any tall screens that fit the 6R.

I have the Yamaha double bubble clear screen, which is the same height as stock, and my first hot weather ride of the season was comfortable. I'd say the dub-bub really doesn't diminish the the airflow, it just seems to do a better job of "splitting" the wind and reducing noise and buffeting.
Just the clear raised bubble from Yamaha. (Arcflash cut his stock shield to be more of a street fighter and it did look sort mean.....Good wise!)

mfischler

Elite Member

owldaddy

I really like the touring screen, I hope they make it available soon. I guess the double bubble I just bought might be coming off.

arkkornkid

seems like they could bring the front down a little further and cover the power crystal... I think that'd be a cool design

JSP

Super Moderator
Still too much windscreen for me. I want one that only comes up to the instrument gauges.

calltrex

I wouldnt mind the touring one if i was going to go on a long ride or trip.

switch back to my raised clear for local riding.

hope the 6 plastic screw can handle the big touring windshield...

arkkornkid

the touring screen totally completes the Transformer look.... but I bet it serves it's purpose well

Spunky99

seems like they could bring the front down a little further and cover the power crystal... I think that'd be a cool design
What can I do with the power crystal?
It looks like there is a place to drill and mount something....?;)

arkkornkid

What can I do with the power crystal?
It looks like there is a place to drill and mount something....?;)
I've seen where people have put led's or strobes in there. If/when I decide to take things apart, I'll probably just black it out to blend with my windscreen.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Newmason

These shields look like the new ones Puig has been working on for a few months now! I am def in on the touring screen before my trip out to arizona in august!