So Cal

JonKerr

Elite Member

Spunky99

You guys are lucky. I'm in Redondo Beach and everything is Rosemead or beyond for me.
I do make a few events tho.

Detrich

Watched some videos on the SCARS site... Wow, those guys are way too advanced riders for me... I hope someday I can canyon carve like that tho... Maybe I will join up after I'm more proficient. I'm comfortable progressing at my own pace right now. I'm finally getting comfortable on the freeways, and I want to try my first canyon in a few weeks... Thanks for the info!

Spunky99

where in redondo beach are you?
i live semi close, (south la aka the ghetto)
off vermont and imperial.
Gates Ave and Inglewood Ave.

bjs045

Watched some videos on the SCARS site... Wow, those guys are way too advanced riders for me... I hope someday I can canyon carve like that tho... Maybe I will join up after I'm more proficient. I'm comfortable progressing at my own pace right now. I'm finally getting comfortable on the freeways, and I want to try my first canyon in a few weeks... Thanks for the info!
They actually have novice, intermediate, spirited, and track day event rides. Each event will also state gear required. Oh and some events are just city cruises. At least once a month the have a "intro ride". Check WWW.socalasianriders.com

thatklutzychick

Is there anyone else out there on an FZ6R in the San Diego area? Or is it just r0bot and I.
There's at least one more in SD. I'm picking my bike up this weekend. I got a good deal from Fun Bike Center ($5999, but $7300 OTD), but I'm showing House of Motorcycles their offer and seeing if they can beat it. A little evil perhaps? :sinister: Sure, but the cheaper the bike the better gear I can get.

Look forward to seeing my fellow San Diegans out on the road!

ry-mac75

Was just actually in SoCal on business, was out on a Ducati Desmo out near Murrietta. I hate each and every one of you for living in such a beautiful, year round riding, twisty heaven. You guys are lucky SOBs - I hope you know that. So ridiculously beautiful.

thatklutzychick

House of Motorcycles kicked Fun Bike Center to the curb. I got my bike OTD for $6500 with a 15% discount on all accessories (including frame sliders, a cover, lock, jacket, helmet etc.). I basically ended up paying less to get fully set up than if I would have bought the bike alone at FBC! I got my yellow Fizzer chillin' in my parking spot now. :D

JonKerr

Elite Member

thatklutzychick

@JonKerr - I didn't go for the VIP service program just because I have a friend who has done all of his work on his bikes for years and volunteered to help me out with mine.

@toofless - I'm right on the border of San Diego and La Mesa near Lake Murray.

Are either one of you guys part of any meetup groups I should be checking out? I'm going to be riding like crazy so I can get good enough to wind through the back roads between Palomar Mountain and Julian.

Detrich

i watched some SCARS videos on youtube. and, you guys have some really nice desert/ mountain roads in SD! (jealous) i noticed all the riders carry camel backs or backpacks tho- so i'm guessing the rides are much longer than up here in LA. most of our mountain rides are fairly short, so ppl don't bother carrying water/ supplies i noticed...

Detrich

since this is the also cali thread... do u guys know who and what the heck you're going to vote for in 2 weeks? i'm looking and reading but everything is hella confusing... <lol> i can't believe all the candidates suck, and all the ballot measures are so confusing. all the tv commercials only make it worse... :sigh:

thatklutzychick

since this is the also cali thread... do u guys know who and what the heck you're going to vote for in 2 weeks? i'm looking and reading but everything is hella confusing... <lol> i can't believe all the candidates suck, and all the ballot measures are so confusing. all the tv commercials only make it worse... :sigh:
I'm a reporter who covers politics in San Diego. I won't tell you who to vote for or what I think of the propositions, but trust me, you're not the only one who doesn't know who or what the heck to vote for. One word of advice though, read newspaper reports on everyone and everything rather than listening to the ads on TV. Most reporters I personally know really, seriously do try to be objective (even when they public doesn't think they are).

This should help with the propositions: California 2010 ballot propositions - Ballotpedia

Detrich

thanks. i'm reading the online newspapers and political commentaries of various radio shows... it's still tough, because ppl have such extreme views on things... <lol>

all i can say is... if i see one more friggen tv ad of weg mitten, jerry brown, barba boxer, and carly fiorina my head is going to implode! xP

ry-mac75

I saw so many political attack ads when I was out there - they were ridiculous. However, there was a report on how Cali was to balance their budget and it was pretty hilarious. I believe the strategy was something along the lines of 'pretend we didnt get that bill, short pay this one, hope we get this funding and then lets all hide under a bunch of coats and hope everything sorts itself out'

Roaddawg

I know he's dead....but, I'm writing in Gary Coleman...again. He's still a better choice than what we have to choose from this year!! :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

thatklutzychick

Good, they tried to screw me with that. I'm glad you didn't have to deal with getting tricked like I did.

I'm actually an Organizer for the San Diego Sportbike Group
The San Diego Sportbike Meetup Group (San Diego, CA) - Meetup

You can also sign up for the San Diego Female Sportbikers group.
San Diego Female Sportbikers (San Marcos, CA) - Meetup

We do some joint rides from time to time. James (toofless) and I have ridden together a couple of times with this group. There's a few other FZ6R's in the group. Also, I don't really know your experience level, but if you're a beginner and would like some help with some of the local roads with just me or only a couple of people to get comfortable riding with people, let me know. I've taken a few people, not only from the meetup group but also from this forum on one on one rides.
I'm definitely a beginner. I used to ride 250cc dirt bikes during my high school days every summer, but that was a long time ago and it's not as if I was doing anything too crazy on them. I'll definitely take you up on your offer after I get more comfortable riding around town.

Detrich