Rear tire hugger?

D

Deleted member 15382

Sorry to dig.

Does anyone know where I can get one of the PUIG huggers in Australia ????

pyratio

rear tire huggers

--That looks great. How much did you pay? What is a good price for that set?

Is puig the only one that makes a rear tire hugger for our bikes?

~p

Well I got a little down time @ work. Its a pain in the neck posting this pic from my droid. Here's the pic puig sent me. Enjoy!
[/IMG]

Bert-Aus

Sorry to dig.

Does anyone know where I can get one of the PUIG huggers in Australia ????
I'm pretty sure if you order it from the US or UK it will be cheaper than any supplier here is Aus anyhow.
Give it a shot and share the outcome;)

engineered2win

--That looks great. How much did you pay? What is a good price for that set?

Is puig the only one that makes a rear tire hugger for our bikes?

~p
I have the plain black version and it was $140 shipping on ebay. I don't like it because it's gloss black and doesn't match anything on the bike, so I'm going to scuff it up and hit it with some bedliner to give it the textured satin black look. There is an OE Yamaha tire hugger available in Europe I believe, but haven't seen one.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Dimi

There's also the genuine Yamaha rear tire hugger, like this one on my XJ6 S:

It does a pretty decent job protecting from spashes and stuff... I've also replaced the stock fender/plate holder with an Evotech one so it's really put to the test on the wet.

Seems like the genuine hugger covers more tire surface than the PUIG one. That said, keep in mind that in big mud puddles or rainy weather the bike's rear as well as the passenger's back will get dirty. The rest of the bike and the rider himself will be totally fine. The stock fender does a good job in keeping all that dirt away so that's something you'll need to consider. I just couldn't bear the sight of it so I changed it. Can't imagine what would happen without the tire hugger ...

Last edited:

Chris12

There's also the genuine Yamaha rear tire hugger, like this one on my XJ6 S:

It does a pretty decent job protecting from spashes and stuff... I've also replaced the stock fender/plate holder with an Evotech one so it's really put to the test on the wet.

Seems like the genuine hugger covers more tire surface than the PUIG one. That said, keep in mind that in big mud puddles or rainy weather the bike's rear as well as the passenger's back will get dirty. The rest of the bike and the rider himself will be totally fine. The stock fender does a good job in keeping all that dirt away so that's something you'll need to consider. I just couldn't bear the sight of it so I changed it. Can't imagine what would happen without the tire hugger ...
I always forget about xj6 stuff. I'll check around and see what I find.

Thanks for the picture!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Dimi

Do you have links to that particular tire hugger? I can't seem to find it online. It does cover quite a bit more then the puig tire hugger.
Scott_Thomas said:
I actually found one that looks the same as yours, although I don't think it is Yamaha branded. It's about $135 after exchange rate or £110. It's via a UK company called red fox or something along those lines.
Hm, can't tell... My bike had it already installed by the previous owner and I figured it might be a Yamaha genuine part. Could be mistaken though... :confused: