2012 Yamaha fz6r

Hwilliamso99

Hello! New here to the forums. Was wondering if someone can help me in a few different ways. Need to replace my chain and sprocket. Considering going -1/+2 for quick acceleration. Should
I order a Votex or is there a better option? Also needing new rear sprocket bolts. Anyone know the size or got a link to aftermarket? Dont feel like paying $150 for 6 bolts. Mine is a 2012 fz6r

jjmaine

To be honest any rear sprocket will work, JT is the cheapest that I would buy. I just wouldn’t get any of the Amazon China specials if you know what I mean. For our bike though I found the JT was only a few bucks cheaper than the rest so I bought a Driven because it looks better. Vortex should work well too, it’s a good brand.

Do you mean you need the studs that thread into the rear sprocket carrier or just new nuts? You can get a set of 6 M10 rear sprocket nuts for around $30. I’d personally get the lock style nuts and not the aluminum nuts that rely on loctite….

Hwilliamso99

To be honest any rear sprocket will work, JT is the cheapest that I would buy. I just wouldn’t get any of the Amazon China specials if you know what I mean. For our bike though I found the JT was only a few bucks cheaper than the rest so I bought a Driven because it looks better. Vortex should work well too, it’s a good brand.

Do you mean you need the studs that thread into the rear sprocket carrier or just new nuts? You can get a set of 6 M10 rear sprocket nuts for around $30. I’d personally get the lock style nuts and not the aluminum nuts that rely on loctite….

I need the bolts that go from the hub to the rear sprocket and the nuts. When the chain slipped it chewed em up pretty good so they need replaced.

jjmaine

Oh ok, go on ebay and search for an fz6r sprocket carrier/hub and you can get a used one in good shape for $50. Then you get the whole hub with the studs and everything.

If yours are chewed up pretty good, theres a chance they may snap when you try to remove them so even if you do get new studs they might be a real pain to install.

jjmaine

There you go, for under $25! Awesome, glad I could help! I always look for used parts on ebay unless the part I need I can buy new for cheap🙂