poor mpg with new bike ???

latony007

I don't think I ever get close to 45 or 50, im probably in the mid 30s too. Although since I don't commute on it I really don't pay that much attention or care. The only time I care is basically how long can you go before you are forced to stop for gas. I thought I would be able to get 200 per tank on it when I got it but not so sure about that anymore.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

latony007

That would be awesome. But with a 4.6 gallon tank and a Yamaha-estimated mileage of 43, you'd be pushing your bike the last 2.2 miles to the gas station :)
lol, ok, I was hoping for close to 200.

Bert-Aus

Dont change gears until your revs are going to be siting above 7k.

If you are putting around in 4th at 3k rpm you will have shit house mileage.
Funnily enough the harder you ride this bike the better mileage you get:-D

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Y

yellowfz

Dont change gears until your revs are going to be siting above 7k.

If you are putting around in 4th at 3k rpm you will have shit house mileage.
Funnily enough the harder you ride this bike the better mileage you get:-D

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Kind of funny, but it is true.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

Did u check ur tire pressure?

Should be 36 psi front 40 psi rear as a baseline.

Tire pressure makes a huge difference in MPG.
Where are you basing your numbers off of? Even the swingarm sticker say for under 198 lbs it's 33 Front and 36 Rear. I ride alone so that's what mine is set at since day one and no issues.

Last edited:

Detrich

It's what the dealers fill the tires to. I went to two different places and they both filled them to the same setting.

knightmare

I don't think I ever get close to 45 or 50, im probably in the mid 30s too. Although since I don't commute on it I really don't pay that much attention or care. The only time I care is basically how long can you go before you are forced to stop for gas. I thought I would be able to get 200 per tank on it when I got it but not so sure about that anymore.

Ya... i dont get that high... the last time i checked how long i can go between fill ups was 160ish miles... i was goin g from Anahiem, ca to Vegas... getting in to the desert you have to watch you MPG's... lol... i use my bike for everything from work to play... i fill up every day and a half and travel to work 50 miles each way but i like going fast... thats good enough for me...

swift82

Ok just put the 3rd tank in and its was 141 and 3.9 gal. My old zx11 did that and it was a 1100cc ! But i'm riding in 30-40 deg. Out side that may play a part ? My old kz550 was getting 50's in this cold and i was riding it harder.....

tanoz

Not familiar with your units exactly but I average 180km on a full tank of fuel.
My tire pressures are just set to 33 r36 and I use 95.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Detrich

I think that they err on the higher side of the acceptable range just to be be safe, as they don't know if u ride with passengers or not. Shrugs

Riccochet

Mine has never seen over 42. No matter how hard I try to baby it and get the best possible mileage. Or I can ride it really hard and get 35. I usually just ride it really hard and not care about mileage so much.

Detrich

I never saw it personally, but the guy that I sold my 6R to claims to have gotten around 48+ MPG on a regular basis... I asked him how the heck, and he just said that he rode mostly freeway commuting to school. He kept the 6R for 8 months and then traded her in for a new Daytona SE. lol...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member