poor mpg with new bike ???

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LocoLechero

im only getting 28 mpg after all my mods :eek: i drive it hard but 28 mpg i think my baby might be in trouble :eek: im running a sport map on my JBP not sure if something is wrong

Bert-Aus

im only getting 28 mpg after all my mods :eek: i drive it hard but 28 mpg i think my baby might be in trouble :eek: im running a sport map on my JBP not sure if something is wrong
Check how much EXTRA fuel is being added in your map?
That may give you an indication as to your poor mpg

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

LocoLechero

yea i switched back to the two bros preset map set the low and mid range down 10% and everything seems to be on track now - did the switch with half a tank left and that tank put out 33 MPG - on this fresh tank i'm up to 80 miles with 2 bars down so i thinks i'm back on pace for high 30's :D Q- how can you tell if your running lean?? also I filled up at a different gas station ( i'm usually religious about using the same station) and now my MPG has rebounded significantly - super gas anyone? :sinister: ? muahahahaha

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Sammo115

This is what I get with my bike. Currently has 3450 miles. Bought it brand new and all stock except for look pretty stuff haha. I personally dont know why my MPG varies so much because i know for a fact I ride the same way I do day in, day out and I rip on it quite often 9k+ rpms on a daily hahaha. Im not complaining tho because its still gets better mpg than my car.

Statistic of when I started recording my fill ups.

This is combined city and hwy BUT majority is hwy.

Last edited:

MarkChai

I get 30s to 40s with city riding, and got exactly 50MPG riding 2-up on an all-highway (rolling hills terrain) weekend trip. Bike is stock but naked with 4800 miles, and I have been practicing the suggested "keep it over 5K" rule with better MPG results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zcypher

Hey Sammo what app is that?

I recently started tracking my mileage with fuellog. Got 47mpg riding 2up in relaxed country roads and 41mpg riding fast reving pretty high on the highway to get back. Best so far is 55mpg that I got during breakin. Seems that 40-45mpg is the easily attainable norm with a mix of different type of riding.

abyss1406

I get 32.5 to 35 on a good day.

mxw1090

My MPG seems pretty good. It's mostly stock 2014 with 4k miles on it. Only change is a +1 front sprocket. Get 40-45 commuting, 50 mi round trip on a combo city streets, country roads and freeway.

It surprised me on a longer trip. Didn't check the mileage for the full trip, 550+ miles. but checked the section I expected to be the worst. The first 150 miles, from Phoenix area (1000 ft above sea level) to Flagstaff (7000 ft). Delivering some stuff to my kid so the bike was loaded down, tank bag, top case and a full sized cooler on the passenger seat. Figured the elevation change and load would impact mpg. Freeway all the way, limited on time, so moving at a good clip. Very impressed with 50 mpg. Took 2.98 gallons in Flagstaff.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member