poor mpg with new bike ???

Mguenther

Looking back over the last 5000 miles I come up with 44.92 mpg
The best I ever got was 48.1 mpg and low of 41.1 mpg.
This is commuting 100 miles round trip. The highest was non-
alcohol gas. Always found it was worth a couple MPG extra
when I could find fuel without the alcohol. I cruised at about 70 mph
with a run to 100 plus at least once a trip on a clear section of road.

swift82

Bone stock you should end up getting anywhere between 45-50 MPG. I hit 55 mpg once 2up riding to the Keys. Even heavily modded I still got 45 MPG cruising at 70-80MPG when I did my Laconia trip. 150-160 miles per tank. That's with the huge screen and luggage.

I did a test ride on the FZ09. Steady @ 70 MPG I got 47 MPG. 140 miles to the reserve and push it to 150 miles to the gas station.
I don't know if it has to do with me ridding upper 30's-40's out side I was thinking the bike would do better if it was running closer to 200 derg. than 163 going down the free way ;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

swift82

Thanks marthy that's what I was thinking ..... Another thing is that after 200-250 miles the idel came up from 1200 to 1600 so I turned it back down..

Here is a pic of the new girl

Attachments

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Do like the truckers do, put a piece of cardboard or something to block the radiator a little to make it heat up to normal temps if you are that concerned.:)
Pretty much a given cold weather makes for less mileage.:eek:

latony007

Nice! Not sure how I feel about the white front fender, but great looking bike.
I love that blue but they should have made the fender blue too

swift82

So besides the poor mpg, ive found a new thing when im down shift to come to a stop,by maching the rpm from 3k-1.5k it popes back throw the intake !!! Any one heard of this before? I talked to my dealer and there going to call yamaha :(

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
Last edited:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

tanoz

not trying to hijack your thread but i just converted all my units over.

Im only getting 28mpg with my bike thats new. Its only got around 1000 miles on it.

RyanChristenson

So my bike has almost 1000 miles on it and the my first tank this year and only got 100 miles on the tank. That is all about I got last fall too. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RyanChristenson

Had my 600 mile service done last fall. Half my commute is highway half is city. I normally a run it around 7k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member