new windscreen

CrazyCawi

your also 60lb's lighter than me rockstar! lol

I was told when you change sprockets to change your front one as well rook....because having a wear difference between sprockets will wreck your chain!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

DragonBlu

I want to get the hugger as well....but everywhere I look the black is sold out, and I think the carbon fiber might be to much carbon fiber....is the black one matte or glossy?
It's glossy,but that is what I like. Others like the matte look.

Roaddawg

Do you think you could post more closeup pics of the screen? and maybe a side by side of the stock one, to get an idea of its size? Thanks.

kevin8198

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I would love to do that for you road dog!!!

CrazyCawi

BTW you read the instructions that I put in there right? Just a reminder not to leave it in the direct sunlight for too long if the sun is shining on the side that had your instruments under it. The instructions say that the reflective properties of the screen could heat up your dash enough to cause problems.
are you talking wind screen or tire hugger?

Chucker

Attachments

CrazyCawi

Chucker I stand corrected :)

Chucker

Chucker I stand corrected :)
No stress. I was gettin' a little excited because I've had a touring screen on order for 3 months and I thought you got one first. I'm gettin' tired of waiting. :banghead:

CrazyCawi

ouch why is it taking so long?

Im sorry, well the racing one is alot higher then id expect for a racing screen but I love the shiot out of it, have you tried the racing one?

Chucker

ouch why is it taking so long?

Im sorry, well the racing one is alot higher then id expect for a racing screen but I love the shiot out of it, have you tried the racing one?
After reading your review, I'm thinking I might go that route. Apparently they're having a hard time getting the touring screens sent to N. America. Maybe they're more popular than expected in Europe. I'll email my dealer and see if he can get me a racing screen. It's taller than stock? Does it stick out further as well, like the double bubble?

CrazyCawi

I have a video Im uploading as we speak with a full walkaround showing height differences

CrazyCawi

video uploaded to first post!

Rookasaki

your also 60lb's lighter than me rockstar! lol

I was told when you change sprockets to change your front one as well rook....because having a wear difference between sprockets will wreck your chain!
haha rockstar! That's a first :)
I'll talk to the Yamaha mechanic tomorrow about the wear and tear issues, thanks brother.

CrazyCawi

always lookin out for ya :thumbup:

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Chucker

I just heard back from my dealer and his distributor has a Puig dark smoke racing screen in stock. I should have it in about a week. :steve:

CrazyCawi

Woooooooooo good for you!