New member welcome thread

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BKP

LOL it's his first bike! The 6R is top heavy compared to what? How is he going to prepare for it? :rolleyes:

Personally, I love the way it handles. It's stable at highway speeds, not difficult to throw it over when I want to, and I like the way it dives into a turn, if you let it.

It's not a Ducati. It's not a Triple. It's not a Gixxer. In order, it doesn't handle as well, doesn't have as much torque and doesn't have the top speed.

It's still a better bike. It's a little bit less than most dedicated sport bikes, in their chosen niches. However it does everything very well, where the others often fall short in a category that they are not meant for.

Touring on a Ducati? Have a chase vehicle. Giving your bike some more gas in a tight corner, because you think you can run it a little faster than you thought? Mid corner? Do that on a Triple.

WOT from a stop sign, with a nice sweeper ahead? Try that one on a Gixxer.

I'm a fanboy of the 6R, and I'm not ashamed of it. It's a freakin' awesome motorcycle. You can ride it hard, and it's still forgiving. You can ride it easy, and it's still comfortable. You can commute on it. You can tour on it. You can dog it and get your jollies on.

Top heavy? That's an opinion I don't share. Once I break vertical, she wants to dive into the turn. I let her do it. I like it. :D
If you've read any of my posts, you know I agree with this 100%.

However, it IS a bit top heavy (spade a spade, and all that).

Just means a little care on the ultra slow u- turns. Otherwise, the weight disappears.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Mavrix

Helo all..

I'm Kamarul from Malaysia, just got my new XJ6S or Diversion here in my country its called..
Been riding it for 2 months and clocked 4500km on it, very satisfied, comfy and fast enough for me..

This is my 2nd ride, before this i ride the little Ninja, Kawasaki ZX150 KRR, a 2stroke single cylinder..

Permission to park here guys.. :)

Regards from Malaysian XJ6 riders..

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

oompa164

New FZ Rider

Hey all names will. I just purchased a 13 fz6r white & red. I also own a 1991 suzuki katana 600 that I just finished doing a motor swap on.

JSP

Super Moderator
:welcome: Glad to have ya!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nudude

Hello everyone,

I used to ride a 125cc Honda everyday when I was in college back in India. When I moved stateside for some reason getting into the biking scene seemed intimidating. However I picked up the courage last year and got a CBR250R and well within the first season I outgrew it and had my eyes set on the FZ6R, but the wife won't let me buy a 600cc. So found the right moment when she traveled back to India to visit family and traded in the CBR for a brand new 2012 FZ6R Raven, but as if fate were teasing me my boss said I might have to travel to NYC for a couple of weeks, so there my beautiful FZ6R is sitting at the dealership and I am here eagerly waiting get my hands on it when I return.

BTW I am 29 and from the Detroit, MI area.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Justnmegs

Hey guys! My name is Justin and I literally just got home with my 2013 white and red 2013 fz6r! First street bike, I grew up on dirt bikes but after taking the msf course it confirmed my feeling for getting a street bike. I live in Southern California. I'm 27 and I drive a truck for a school district delivering supplies. Just wanted to say hi!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BKP

Welcome to all the new members...

Enjoy your 6R... ride safe!