New member welcome thread

TokenSSDD

New Rider from Jax...

Hey what's up guys just purchased my first bike, a 2010 Galaxy Blue (I think that's the paint name) FZ6R. I'm excited to get out and ride!

rider22

Hello all,

I have been lurking for a bit on the forum and now that I am getting more into the two wheeled thing,I thought I would finally post :). I have been riding for about 2 months and put 1900 miles on my 2011 FZ6R. Thanks to the MSF course, reading Total Control, various magazine articles on techniques and many of the helpful posts on this board it has been an awesome experience finally breaking into the motorcycle world. The FZ6R has been a great learning bike (low seat hight, predictable throttle/clutch, forgiving breaks) and I have no regrets starting out on this 600cc bike. In any case safe travels everyone.

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome all newbies! :D :Sport:

MrEnglish

Hi from Downunder

Hi everyone!

I'm originally from Devon in the UK :uk: but have been living in Queensland, Australia :aus: since 2003.
i'm new to two wheels and have just purchased my first bike, I pick up my new 2011 FZ6R in 2 days! Really excited, can't wait to get out on it..

great to have a friendly community to get tips from the more seasoned riders out there.

MrEnglish

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! .

Fuzor

New rider in AZ

Hello everyone, like others here I've been looking at the forum since i got my bike back in March and have gotten some great advice from everyone here. :Lurking: Decided it was time for me to finally say hi and to thank everyone for all the great advice/tips I have gotten from reading posts on the forum. So thank you! :thumbup:

I'm from Gilbert, AZ and got my bike back in March but only been riding since April. Bike sat around for a month till I took the MSF course and got my endorsement/learned how to ride (first time on motorized 2 wheels) :D. Would have to say MSF class was awesome and I learned a lot. I have a new 2010 white/red Fz6r (0 miles when i got it from dealer and now has 2400 miles) and would have to say I love this bike, so much fun to ride and for a 600cc think its a great beginner bike (was easy to learn on) and gets better gas mileage than I thought it would.

PS Hopefully I posted this right since its my first time posting lol

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Riceroket

Edmonton, Alberta

Hi everyone, my name is Scott and I just picked up a Raven 2009 FZ6R a couple of days ago and I love it. I rode for a couple of years on a CBR 125R and then moved up to a Honda VFR 800 for a couple of seasons. I wanted something with a more upright riding position and I think I have found the perfect bike for me.

Midicronica

Hello, everyone. My name is Stephen and I haven't bought my FZ6R but fully intend to sometime next year if my financial situation allows it. I went to the Yamaha shop yesterday and they had ONE FZ6R sitting there with a marked down price tag of $6000. The salesmen let me examine it, sit on it, etc. I basically fell in love right there. It actually kind of hurts that I can't afford it right now. :(

In any case, I'll be taking the MSF course within the next two months and I will continue to save my funds or search for a really hot deal so I can this sexy, awesome bike!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

roadrat

Welcome aboard Stephen :welcome:

Jots S.R.M.C.

Hello..

That's my baby (On the left).... Other bike is mine too..

I have been riding a long time.. Very happy to be apart of the forum

I work in the Information Technology field- Have a Networking Firm and PC repair company

I made a lil interview post on the other thread

Keep the Shiny Side Up!

Last edited:

Shuffle_Punch

o_O

well... I've been watching this site for some time waiting for my bike...

I take the class to get my license next week... Just got my Bike today... Bought it brand new... found out it had a nice sized dent in it when my wife got home and looked at it... so now I get to wait and hope they replace the fuel tank... lol

Anyway....
I'm from Virginia Beach, VA... Born and raised... Never ridden before... so we'll see how it goes ha

I'm a professional crime fighter... XD

Iunno what else to say for the moment, but I figured I'd introduce myself ha

mjesenovec

New member here from North Chicagoland. Name's Mike, 25 years old, I work in IT for a medical waste company. I took the MSF course and got my license in 2005...still waiting to get my bike.

I'm hopefully going to be done paying off the credit card and getting some other affairs in order...looking to get my bike in the spring/early summer of next year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I always had a thing for the FZ6 until the 6R came out. I finally sat on one this past weekend and loved it. I wish I could ride one to see how it feels first, so maybe i'll get lucky and get to ride somebody's.

Over the years i've still ridden a bunch of different bikes, so i was able to choose which style fits me, and brought me to the FZ6R. I've ridden:

2008 Ninja 650R (my style comfort wise, but a little cramped.
2007 Ninja 250R (had crazy fun on this bike)
3 Gixxer 600's ranging from 05-09
1 ZX6
older ZX12 or something, it was stupid fast
2008 Kawi Mean Streak 1600
2001 Honda F4i
Honda Rebel 250

I like the 6R because it has room. I'm 5'11" 235lbs right now (not fat, muscular/bigger frame), and supersports just feel silly to me, yet i'm not quite a cruiser guy. In the end, i'm about the ride and not just the speed. I like the appearance of a sport bike, but the comfort of a cruiser. So, I need to find a standard sport bike that is still a blast to ride. Hopefully I can finally get my bike in the spring...and hopefully i can take a 6r around the block first. Anybody want to meet up in chicagoland? lol

jocampo

Hi,

My name is Jose. Happy owner of a 2009 Ninja 250 but I think it's time for a new bike. Thinking in buying (pretty soon, few weeks or days) an FZ6R ...

vnmous1

Another Noob (Chicago)

Greetings and salutations from balmy Chicago. October 8th and 84 degrees today, which brings me to my story:

My name is BJ. Live with my wife in Chicago's Loop. Been in the Chicago area 18 years. I'll likely be one of the resident old farts on the boards at the tender age of 55.

So.....been riding and racing since I was 12 years old. Literally scores of bikes in the past 40 years. From Aprilia to Zundapp (not really on the Zundapp part, but hey...I need a "Z". And that really DOES show my age.)

My Yamaha history has been a beater 125 Enduro that I modded into my first motocrosser at age 13. Moved up to an MX250 then went to Honda for a number of years after being stricken with Elsinore fever. Back to Yamaha...a 700 Fazer, a V-Max and a FZ1.

Was piloting a 100th Anniversary Fatboy when I got remarried. She hated the idea of sitting on that little pillion, so I called a buddy at a Honda shop and traded for a 2005 Wing. 6 years and only 7000 miles later I decided to get rid of the Wing and just cash out for a while.

So, with the best of intentions this morning, I rode to Lake Villa, IL to a dealer that wanted to buy the Wing. Not a cloud in the sky, 70 degrees at 9am and fall colors as far as the eye could see. They had a check ready for me and were going to give me a ride to the local train station for my ride home.

I walked in, scoured the showroom, asked a couple of quick questions about the Suzuki 400 Motard only to find out they no longer make it. Looked at a 5couple of dual sports, the Honda and a Suzuki 650. Being a little short of inseam, they didn't quite fit me where they'd be comfortable around town.
In the Yamaha lineup, I noticed the latest incarnation of the FZ1 (ugh). Then the 800. Finally the little FZ6. I straddled it, liked the feel and told him I wanted to ride it.

20 minutes later, I ride off on a new 2011 Raven, leaving 1200cc's and 400 pounds in the rear view mirror. Oh, and a nice check in my pocket. Less than half of what it WAS going to be, but the stunning fall day cost me about 7,000 bucks today! Go figure.

I put 150 miles on it today, smiled at 50+ mpg and flicking it around corners after scrubbing off the tires a bit.

It won't see much use between now and spring, but I no longer feel like I need to plan a trip to use my motorcycle.

It'll share winter garage space with a Mustang that only sees track days.

I hope to read, learn, share and contribute. Glad to join you!

BJ