New member welcome thread

ecunni04

What's up?

Hey everybody, ecunni04 here. I haven't gotten my bike yet but I'm planning on getting a 2011 fz6r. If anyone has any advice or tips feel free to message me. I am a first timer as well. This is my first bike and I hope to have a great time with it.

Thanks in advance for any tips!!!

Ride Safe :cool:

PEARL FZ6R

Hi everybody!!!

I just joined the site, my hubby is a member on the FZ1 forum and suggested I should join up here. I have almost 500 miles on my new leftover 2009 FZ6R that I just got this past march and so far I really love it. If it would stop raining for more than 1 out of 9 days I could ride it more LOL.
I have been riding dirt bikes off & on most of my life, my first street bike was a Buell Blast, this FZ6R is street bike #2. The Blast was a great learning bike , but having the FZ6R is like going to a Corvette after driving a Chevette - it's awesome!

CrazyCawi

Welcome ecunni04 and pearl fz6r to the forums! I really appreciate you both posting up! Please dont hesitate to use search as most basics have been asked hundreds of times we have MANY threads awnsering almost any question out there! But hey if you dont find somewith with search, dont hesitate to ask! We have alot of riders here with extensive knowledge and we are a nice community always looking out for one another! I wish you both safe riding!

JSP

Super Moderator
:welcome: to everyone!!!

Sage

Welcome all the recently new people, I haven't been keeping up :)

kevin8198

Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

LOBES74

G'day I'm Scott from down under Sydney Australia I bought the FZ6R in August last year as an ex-demonstrator got at a good price plus the dealers fender elliminator added. I have since de-restricted it (in Australia they restrict the bikes to make the learner legal). Looking for a local exhuast to make it a bit louder and for performance.

This is my 3rd bike have owned a yamaha 2 stroke 125 1977 model, and a Honda CBR250RR 1992 "L".

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member
Last edited:

AlxSTi

Hey everyone. I'm new here and from Delaware. I'll hopefully be picking up an 07+ Yamaha FZ6 or FZ6R sometime soon. I'm just checking out the forum and trying to learn as much about these bikes as possible.

Any tips for when potentially buying a used FZ? Anything Yamaha specific that tends to break or act up?

GmeisteR

New Guy

Hey everyone, My name is Jerry from Panama City Beach Florida, I'm 27 and a Helicopter Student Pilot. I Own a 1999 Hugger Orange Camaro SS. She is 1 of 375 made and 1 of 5 made with the options it has. I'm Looking at buying my first motorcycle here soon. I have decided to go with the Yamaha FZ6R. I ran across this board on my search for details about the bike. I was thinking of a Ninja 250r or 650r but I'm just not a fan of the sound of those two bikes.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Rao

Hey guys,

Figure I should post something, as I've been lurking for a few weeks.

My name is Rob, I'm 27 years old, and I'm in the Dallas Area.

Got my 6R about a month ago, and have been really enjoying it.

Nice to meet ya'll!

JSP

Super Moderator
:welcome: to all new members!

killabee

Hey everyone,

My name is Jeff and I live in Southern CA. I just signed up for the basic rider course and I'm pretty excited. I've also decided to go with the FZ6R as my first bike when that time comes. I'll be looking to get the FZ6R in Raven with gold rims. How hard do you guys think it will be to find one?

Anyone else here from Southern California? I live close to Disneyland.

-Jeff

Last edited:

Gixerhp

Hello, Me and my GF have just purchased a 09 FZ6r for her, as an upgrade from her Ninja 250!
Jen has only been riding for a very short time, but has ridden some of the most challenging roads in the country!
She got her licence on April 10, and on the 17th, i picked her up and off to the Spring bash, at Deals gap, for Hayabusa.org!
After 2 days of riding the gap roads on the 250 there where no chicken stripes left on the tires of the 250!
I knew she was going to need a bigger bike but not so guick!
Im on many boards, so i know, pics are the rules, so here you go!

Attachments

Last edited: