New member welcome thread

travstoll

I put Pirelli Diablo Rossos on in a 160/60 and was really disappointed to find out that tire has an extremely high crown....
I have always been taught and thought you should keep tire size in balance with the rim. Even with that 170 pilot power the geometry of it is size going to change when you shove it into a 160 rim. Here is a good example of this and how a tires geometry changes with the size of rim:

Taken from Sport Rider.

I will definatley try the pilot powers next, but I may stick with the 160 tire. I most certainly need to do some more reading on the subject before I make any final decisions.

SSgtBaarnes

My name is Mike and I'm living in Victoria, TX. Always wanted to learn to ride so last year I went through the MSG course at the local college and promptly bought my bike. I've got the 2009 FZ6R in all black and I love it. Made the purchase in September of 09 and have currently put 2200 miles on the bike. Figure the more I'm on, the better I get and besides, it's so much fun!

As for work, I'm an air traffic controller and former US Marine. Semper Fi.

Mike

dako81

My name is Brad and you're more likely to find me on your FZ6 sister site Yamaha FZ6 Forum Community where I'm a somewhat established member (I've been around since the site went up). I own a 2007 FZ6 and enjoy motorcycling among other things.

drew95gt

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Andy and I am from Marysville, Ohio (just northwest of Columbus) and I currently ride a 2004 Ninja 250. I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist and an avid motorcycle enthusiast. I am looking to get a new or slightly used FZ6R hopefully by summer. This seems like a very informative site with a great group of riders....can't wait to meet and talk with all of ya! :thumbup:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Welcome all...

Kind of scared/jealous of you guys who all just started riding and bought a brand new bike...

I started on a used and glad I did as I went down many times.

But if you trust in your own skills enough to get a brand new bike then more power to you!

bjs045

I've been trollin these forums since Dec '09. Thought I'd officially say "Hello". Picked up my FZ6R Dec. '09 (X-Mas present to myself) :D

As a new street rider and bike owner I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who has posted here. Your knowledge is much appreciated!

bikerMommy

Hi everyone, I'm Cheryl and I live in Columbus, GA. I bought my white/pink FZ6R in May '09 but just found this site a few days ago. I've done several little mods (several more to come), and it's exciting to read about what other ppl are doing to their FZ6Rs. Thanks guys!

Heineken

Elite Member

arkkornkid

New mempber saying hi.

My name is Sean and I just picked up my new '09 TY blue 6R on Wednesday.

This is my 4th bike and second Yamaha in a row. I traded in my YZF600R. The move from carbs to FI was a major reason why I switched. I'm still in the break-in period, so I haven't had a chance to stretch it's legs at all, but I do like the more standard seating position. On the ride home my wrists didn't bother me at all vs. the YZ and it's clip-ons.

I think I made the right move and I'm looking forward to learning all I can on here.

-Sean

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
My name is Sean and I just picked up my new '09 TY blue 6R on Wednesday.

This is my 4th bike and second Yamaha in a row. I traded in my YZF600R. The move from carbs to FI was a major reason why I switched. I'm still in the break-in period, so I haven't had a chance to stretch it's legs at all, but I do like the more standard seating position. On the ride home my wrists didn't bother me at all vs. the YZ and it's clip-ons.

I think I made the right move and I'm looking forward to learning all I can on here.

-Sean
Glad to have another 6R'er! You will enjoy the forum, or else! :justkidding:

Where about in AR are you from? I'm in NW LA and have been trying to convince my wife to ride with me up into northern AR and southern MO.

arkkornkid

Glad to have another 6R'er! You will enjoy the forum, or else! :justkidding:

Where about in AR are you from? I'm in NW LA and have been trying to convince my wife to ride with me up into northern AR and southern MO.
I'm right across the bridge from Memphis. In the Delta unfortunately... it's all flat, so I have to drive 45 minutes to an hour in any direction to find some good twisties to run. I haven't been through the mountains of MO since I was a kid.

Texarkana (on my way to Austin) is about as close as I've ever gotten down your way.

Chappi

Hi everyone!

My name is Thomas and I live in Phoenix Arizona.
I recently joint the site and also just bought the 2010 FZ6R Raven.
I haven't had a bike in almost 12 years, and it's a lot of fun :D to be back on the seat of one. I must say it's great bike to get started again.
Also this is a "Great Site" and very informative!

See you all around

Have fun but be save! ;)
Thomas

JonKerr

Elite Member

Pompatuse

I'm originally from Texas and stationed at Ft. Hood in central Texas. I'm career Army and have served 18 years so far with 8 deployments under my belt. I live about 45 minutes from post on a 300 acre ranch and the bike more than pays for itself in gas. I love my quiet, peaceful home and the beauty that comes with the area. I also, however, love to put on the gear, get on the bike, and lay into some turns and hills. After a day of riding I love to fire up the grill and relax on the deck with a beer and some friends...life is good! :thumbup:

MikeN02

I'm originally from Texas and stationed at Ft. Hood in central Texas. I'm career Army and have served 18 years so far with 8 deployments under my belt. I live about 45 minutes from post on a 300 acre ranch and the bike more than pays for itself in gas. I love my quiet, peaceful home and the beauty that comes with the area. I also, however, love to put on the gear, get on the bike, and lay into some turns and hills. After a day of riding I love to fire up the grill and relax on the deck with a beer and some friends...life is good! :thumbup:
welcome! Sounds like you like the quiet life... so do you like the silent stock exhaust too?

Also noticed how a lot of bikers are from the army.... hmmm connection?

Pompatuse

welcome! Sounds like you like the quiet life... so do you like the silent stock exhaust too?

Also noticed how a lot of bikers are from the army.... hmmm connection?
I like the quiet life in my "down time" and when I am with my family. I also love the silent exaust. And yes, there is very much a connection with sport bikes and Soldiers...heh heh.;)

DjOrchie

Hey everyone, I just put a down payment on a 2009 FZ6R. They had the 2010's in stock but a couple 09's left so I got a deal. I pick it up on the 15th after they get it ready for me with a couple mods I wanted installed right off the bat. I have been looking at getting a bike for years now after riding the piss out of a scooter I had in the city. Got the damn thing up to 90kph, but that still isn't fast enough for the freeway. So now that I have joined the Royal Canadian Airforce it's time for a real bike. I looked at getting a ninja 250r for a while but was talked out of it after hearing freeway riding on it was less than ideal. Can't wait to pick up my Blue FZ6R, counting down the days! :)

Last edited: