New levers

pyrocpu

No issues w/ the bushing on my set of levers...

Question though... are you guys sure I can't drill out the brake rod seat on the lever, instead of shortening the brake rod itself???

bomb

i got one from rideitmoto. the quality is good, and they don't need any modify on the piovt hole. just fit perfit with factory bush. i am happy.:thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member

pyrocpu

Thanks Jon.

I ground off maybe 1/16" or so (one "tick" on my Stanley tape measure) and even so, it seems a bit loose--you weren't kidding about just a few mils!

About to go out and ride now... damn the hot, humid Southern weather... wished I had a bike when I was still in LA...

columbus2382

anyone know where to get carbon fiber levers for the fz6r or that will fit from another bike?

rleckert

i got one from rideitmoto. the quality is good, and they don't need any modify on the piovt hole. just fit perfit with factory bush. i am happy.:thumbup:
bomb, did you have to shorten the link between the master cylinder and the lever?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

engine47

I wouldn't drill it out because it's not going to be a smooth cup if you do that so your braking action may feel inconsistent. That's why when you shorten it you need to make sure you round it off and smooth it out. A lot easier to do that than to try and make a smooth cup in the lever.

Shortening it isn't really a big deal at all. Just grind off a couple of millimeters and round off the edge to smooth it out and you're good to go. Also, make sure you get some grease in there too.
Anyone know if this has to be done with the more expensive sets of levers?

k6gad

i carefully rode about 25 miles today with the new levers. (same as yours) the front discs were only slightly warm. basically not hot to touch at all. would it be ok to say that i do not have to shave down the rod?? i can depress the lever about 1/4 of an inch before i hear the audible click. thank you for your response on this
I believe the "click" is the switch for the brake light circuit engaging.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

ME_with_a_B

Heineken

Elite Member

spider2k

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator