Last edited:

dolfan

Here is what the blue supposed to look like:D

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

pyrocpu

Mine just showed up today; 6 business days! :)

One question tho (and MikeN02 is gonna KILL me for not searching it first)--I got only one brass bushing, not two... that's correct, yea?

Spunky99

Mine just showed up today; 6 business days! :)

One question tho (and MikeN02 is gonna KILL me for not searching it first)--I got only one brass bushing, not two... that's correct, yea?
YES

One on the clutch side

pyrocpu

YES

One on the clutch side
Dangit, NOW I see your post about the bushing... I must have read the thread too quickly, ironically TRYING to find it... :banghead:

Thanks again Spunky.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Spunky99

Clear coat them! Will prevent the fading over time or at least postpone.
This is true if you use a clear coat that has UV blockers. The clear coat will chip and flake after time if it gets nicked tho.

I will just let mine go pink/faded red or whatever. I don't care.

I also bought a cheap extra large motorcycle cover and I keep my FZ6R covered at work and park in a garage at home so my bike really isn't exposed to the sun unless I'm riding.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

MikeN02

Too bad I was out of town!

Anywho, I've heard people tried to clear coat them but it'll make them fade at different levels as you're constantly using them (putting your hands on them, gripping them etc etc) that you're wiping the clear coat off.

pyrocpu

You know, after putting them on, the brake lever side seems to have the same amount of play as the OE levers... Granted, I haven't moved the bike yet, so I'm not sure if there will be any drag on the pads, but it sure seems like stock so far...

lightemup88

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, picked up my 6R two weeks ago. Picked up a set of lever from YAMAHA FZ6R 09-10 brake and clutch lever - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers.

Great quality however on concern, the clutch lever does not have a bushing and the factory bushing from the original ctuch does not fit as the hole is too small on the ride it lever. I installed it anyway and it seems to work. is this normal and/or suggested? will this cause problems with the clutch lever if a bushing is not used?

Thanks in advance

JonKerr

Elite Member

lightemup88

So should I just grease the screw? I've emailed the Manu and hopefully he can clarify if their levers came with a bushings as well.

Thanks again.

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member