NEW 2011 Ninja 1000? Upright Riding Position.

blackie65

Z1000 vs FZ1

I rode both at Bike week in Daytona in March. I am quite sure the Z will beat the FZ1 with no problem. I also owned a 2005 fz1 and that was a good bike. The new Ninja 1000 is not out yet but it sounds similar although there are some diffs. But yamahas and Kawsaki's are like Ford and Chevy some like one better than others. I like both!!:)

pyrocpu

I thought the new Ninja 1000 was just the faired version of the Z1000, plus a few other small differences such as the instrument cluster?? :confused:

Kawi ER-6n : Z1000
Kawi Ninja 650 : Ninja 1000.
No? :(

To blackie65's point though--it's JUST like Ford/Chevy for me--I can dig Chevys; I hate Fords. For me (and this is me only), I just don't like Kawis. About the only thing I like about Kawis are the turn signals being integrated into the fairing--that's good thinking there.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Newmason

That thing looks bad! To bad its a kawi though :(

RooKie

I must say... I am super bias when it comes to judging other makes against Yamaha... but this bike is SwEeT! Wouldn't trade it for my FZ6R though :)

creggur

As I'd suspected, all the guys on my VFR forum are lamenting that this bike is what the new VFR should have been instead of the $17,000 1200 Honda replaced it with.

Looks like a sweet ride...

A1A

I heard Kawasaki produced the Ninja 1000 to compete directly with the FZ1 and Bandit 1250S. The Ninja 1000 has the Z-1000 motor, up right seating, fully faired with relaxed ergonomics.
Nice looking bike in my humble opinion.

creggur

I heard Kawasaki produced the Ninja 1000 to compete directly with the FZ1 and Bandit 1250S. The Ninja 1000 has the Z-1000 motor, up right seating, fully faired with relaxed ergonomics.
Nice looking bike in my humble opinion.
They're attracting the eye of VFR owners as well, as Honda has gone a bit upscale with the new VFR1200. Only problem is these guys keep the bikes for years and run up 6-digit odometer numbers, so I don't know how many sales it will actually translate to from that front...

A1A

All the Dealers are feeling the sales pinch in todays economy. It might surprise you at the price you can get the new VFR 1200 by just shopping around.

creggur

All the Dealers are feeling the sales pinch in todays economy. It might surprise you at the price you can get the new VFR 1200 by just shopping around.
LOL - yeah, I know. I picked up my VFR last November (out the door) for 4 grand less than MSRP....

A1A

LOL - yeah, I know. I picked up my VFR last November (out the door) for 4 grand less than MSRP....
What year VFR? Purchased from Honda of Jax?

creggur

'07 - New in the crate.. Had to wait for them to put it together. Honda of Jax. They actually had quite a few of them - blowing them out at the time.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

llervero

This is the bike I've been waiting for. I need bags, wind protection, performance and below $12,000. Its a steal if you compare to similar bikes

Pizz

Just bought a Ninja 1000 in Kawi green (only available in Canada). I pick it up Saturday. Nice looking bike with lots of power and hard bag options.

sammy56

Just bought a Ninja 1000 in Kawi green (only available in Canada). I pick it up Saturday. Nice looking bike with lots of power and hard bag options.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous.

LB

ChUcK

If I bought the Ninja 1000, which I agree is a damn fine looking machine that seems like the fz6r but liter style, I absolutely positively guarantee that the first thing to happen when I get home from the dealership is the removal of the "Ninja" decal.

Then you've got yourself a damn fine machine!

Deanohh

I took a very long look at the Ninja 1000 this year. Real nice. But when I rode the Triumph Street Triple R 675, I couldn't resist that wild 3 cylinder howl....