MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

ChUcK

I finally got to watch the race last night. I ain't got no TV, so I'm dependent upon my buddy's piracy skills. That was awesome! They didn't show the pass Spies made on Simoncelli live, so when he crossed the line ahead of StuperSic the whole apt was hoopin' and hollerin' like the Broncos had actually scored a touchdown.

I have never been a fan of Bros (even before they were an internet meme) so it was somewhat satisfying to see Stoner with his pouty face in full effect. Rock on, Dovizioso! Good on ya!

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

forgot what coverage I watch, BBC?... they showed a replay of the pass, smooth and had plenty of room, still looked like Simoncelli tucked in his arm to ensure no contact was made once he realized spies was passing.

Simoncelli crashes with 1 more person this season, and someone is gonna jump & shank him in the paddock :eek:

Rookasaki

forgot what coverage I watch, BBC?... they showed a replay of the pass, smooth and had plenty of room, still looked like Simoncelli tucked in his arm to ensure no contact was made once he realized spies was passing.

Simoncelli crashes with 1 more person this season, and someone is gonna jump & shank him in the paddock :eek:
haha I agree. He's a little on the reckless riding side. His mistakes cost others...

Fizzer6R

Round 9 Germany today, will be my lazy evening couch viewing :iconbeer:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

Is there a site to watch it streaming live for free?

I really don't feel like paying the 100 euros for the MotoGP video pass.
not that I'm aware of. I get mine from BBC coverage that I assume is after, they show a nice intro with some interviews, and recap what the standings are, what happened last couple races etc.

for Germany, they showed either practice or qualifying, bunch of them going down in one turn of track about 130mph. still amazed how they bounce around and usually get up no broken bones. rossi slid so far his leathers tore up around elbow, seemed like he looked down at em when stopped expecting to see flesh ground up underneath.

looks like the same motley crew is top of the first few positions for Laguna Seca this weekend. let's hope an american gets a good start and finishes well

Heineken

Elite Member

Rookasaki

I hope Ben Spies does well, I just can't stand little crybaby Jorge. All in all, watch out for Pedrosa he got the pace and thirst to win..........
Hey now, Jorge is da man! I was glad to see spies got a decent spot. It's going to be Honda vs Yamaha for the championship!

Fizzer6R

yeah unless something major happens, crashes & injuries, it's gonna be either Stoner or Lorenzo. I kinda agree, Jorge comes of as a winer, at least his riding can back up his complaints tho. did you see them literally have to help him off the bike at the end of Laguna cause he was so sore? - before the race they made the comment, he can hardly walk around, just get him on the bike and he's OK = and he's still able to go about 95% of his limit!

Fizzer6R

Czech Republic this weekend :)

Fizzer6R

Ben Spies Qualified 4th, so hope he has a good race!

1 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 298.0 1'56.591
2 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 291.4 1'56.704 0.113 / 0.113
3 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 295.5 1'56.860 0.269 / 0.156
4 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 289.3 1'57.178 0.587 / 0.318
5 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 291.5 1'57.351 0.760 / 0.173
6 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 289.9 1'57.367 0.776 / 0.016
7 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 295.6 1'57.442 0.851 / 0.075
8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 291.7 1'57.676 1.085 / 0.234
9 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 289.4 1'57.721 1.130 / 0.045

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Heineken

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

Is it Rossi or is it Ducati who hasn't produced? Good question, isn't it?:))))
it is Ducati, bike, not the rider. forgot what race it was, within last 2-3 maybe, rossi is running the new duc bike and it's a mess, not sorted at all, and still rossi is able to out ride hayden which is riding a more stable and familiar bike to him. just the fact that rossi is able to semi maintain the beast and run in the top 5 or so speaks volumes for his ability. I won't say he is in top form like he was for so many years ago, but still damn fast on a bad machine.

reports Honda gearbox I believe is way ahead of all other makes, just makes their already fast riders even faster. hey it's motogp, so if within the rules then they deserve whatever they can put together

Jorge is always close though.

rumors ducati is courting SIMONCELLI. maybe in a couple years when he matures and calms down, and with the duc bike dialed in, they could have a champ combo

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Heineken

Elite Member

Detrich

Rossi is also riding while nursing injuries... He's not 100% physically, and he's still competing. Pretty amazing...