Mileage/Wear

iSpoolin

I ride my bike pretty damn hard sometimes, and my tires have about 4000 miles on them, but they still have a LOT of life left in them.

kevin8198

Elite Member

RoadTrip

3000 miles on rear roadsmart (rode it until center tread gone), kept the front, replaced it with new rear roadsmart (3500 so far), will be lucky to get it to 4500, I run 36psi rear - can't understand how peeps get so many miles out of their tires. Maybe it has to do with my running extended sessions (e.g. 300miles continuous typically), the rear gets really hot.

flyingminno

3000 miles on rear roadsmart (rode it until center tread gone), kept the front, replaced it with new rear roadsmart (3500 so far), will be lucky to get it to 4500, I run 36psi rear - can't understand how peeps get so many miles out of their tires. Maybe it has to do with my running extended sessions (e.g. 300miles continuous typically), the rear gets really hot.
I take my bike up to 500 mile runs on occasion, and I find that with slightly lower pressure than 36, the rear tire doesn't shed flakes of rubber. I got 8500 out of my last set of road smarts.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
For better mileage out of the tire, higher is better. For better stick/traction, usually lower, but sacrifice wear.

For street/commuting, I stick around the recommended specs. 36ish psi. For harder cornering riding, usually around 30-32 psi.

AlanP

The stock tires on mine are Dunlop sportmaxx..Just tipped over the 3500 miles mark and I'll be changing my tires next week... I'm well passed the wear marks on the rear, seem to be constantly spinning up the rear at traffic lights and junctions now and the slightest sign of a damp road is making me nervous!
Can't believe they've only lasted 3.5K!! I've only had the bike 2 months...if it keeps up this rate I'll be spending £1400+ a year on tires!! Gonna try the road pilot 3's next week so hopefully they will last a lot longer...although the rapid wear is probably a result of my riding style - 1st & 2nd generally get red lined ever time :)

Chevyfazer

I know this is a old thread but those commenting that q2's are the worst tires they have ever had, well they are some of the stickiest tires out there and most people use them for track tires so if you were expecting to get good mileage from them, well there's your problem.

I've been runnin shinko 009 ravens for then last 20,000miles and couldn't be happier!!! I can still blow by the ss guys in the corners with my knee on the ground and can get over 12k on a rear and i did get about 15k on a front before I got a nail in it with good tread left.