Administrator
Staff member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't you already say that? :D (is it me, or do we repeat ourselves on here every once in a while.... I feel like quoting myself sometimes)

I bought the mercury one linked earlier for $50 shipped. (echo. echo. echo.):steve:
Too true my friend! Too true! :rolleyes:

Spunky99

didn't you already say that? :d (is it me, or do we repeat ourselves on here every once in a while.... I feel like quoting myself sometimes)

i bought the mercury one linked earlier for $50 shipped. (echo. Echo. Echo.):steve:

@the edge: Look though this thread and you will find several links where to buy one!

lol...;););):):)

W

whatever

yes buying a carb sync is a great investment... i will be buyin my first one..... most of my other bikes had carbs.... motion pro looks good and i deal with motorcycle warehouse alot... i guess i will need the extra 6mm adapers to go with the tool looks like they are extra charge.

but just doing the job once pays
for the tool and you don't have to leave the bike at the dealer and then pick back up . and if you buy another bike down the rode it will most likley be fuel injection.

owldaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by owldaddy View Post
I don't believe that you have to adjust for 24" hg. That would max my carb sticks out, since it is only 24" top to bottom. What your doing during a sync is get all 4 TB's to rise and fall the same amount at the same time.
Spunky99 asked, What are the calibration marks on the unit?
There are calibration marks on the stick every 3/4". Each mark is given an even number, 2, 4, 6, 8..... The mark that is labeled 24 is actually 10" above the mercury level in the reservoir. That comes close to centimeters when converted from inches. So perhaps the answer to your question is the tool is calibrated in centimeters.

Last edited:
W

whatever

well my motion pro sync tool came today.... you don't next the extra 6mm adapters are bike have solid plugs you just pull out. i had to return mine today.

you will need to get some 5/32 plastic 2 male ends air vent tubes. could not find straight one in that size...... had to buy ones with a 3 t ones and use a cap on the center one.

the motion pro tool you need to sync the tool first using the number one cylinder ....... and then hook up the 4 lines.

W

whatever

well i did a fi sync... first time was not that bad at all......was stressful leading up to doing it.... had to find plastic adapters the 1/8 were to small so i had to buy the 5/32 which seem to fit real good.

i used the motion pro 94.00 gauge worked pretty good it was real easy not to let the fluid go to high.... the highest i saw the stuff go was half way you have to be pretty clueless to suck it in the motor.

you first have to calbrate the gauge and then you do the bike ...... i finally found the idle screw.

while i was putting all the parts back i see if you look on the left side you can see the idle screw between the frame and the bottom side of the gas tank... so you can just slide a screwdriver in there to adjust no need to raise the tank.

for some reason i thought it was behind the little black cover above the faring.

couple clyinders needed to be adjusted but was not that bad,...... i will see later when i test run because my tach needle would very up and dowm little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

whatever

bike runs much better

idles better
smoother take off
less vibes

had a slight surge sometimes with just light thottle ...... that is gone now

well worth the effort !

kma_jg

This might be a stupid question, but is this still valid for fuel injected bikes??
I have the '09 XJ6S which is fuel injected and don't think you can do this on a FI bike...please correct me if I'm wrong

rayza

Thanks. just wondering about the price of these gauges. It's AU$140.
Link: Carbtune 4 Col Carburettor Balancer Carb sync Vacuum Gauges - OZtion Auction Item 9444910

you can buy these direct from the UK supplier, cost around $90 to the door. I ordered one last week so it should be here any day. If you dont want buy your own you are welcome to borrow mine for the cost of return postage from Perth (around $5-10 each way).

edit: just checked and it was $98 delivered

Last edited:

stevet

Thanks for the tip on the plastic rivets Explodnstar. I was just going to write the same thing. These clips come out much easier if you push down on the center pin to get them out. To reinstall just push the pin all the way up and after reinstalling the black rivet push the pin back down locking it in.

spider2k

Elite Member
Last edited:

profi247

Syncer adapters

So I've skimmed a lot of threads but I'm yet to find which adapters I need if I want to get the Motion Pro Syncpro Carb Tuner

EDIT: Just finished the sync., got four of the 1/8" to 1/8" small plastic male to male adapters from local auto parts store for $4 total. Do not buy the 6mm or 5mm ones that they sell, you don't need em for fz6r.

Thanks for the great thread!

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bigddy263

holy cow

Great write-up!!!

One note on the plastic rivets, though. If you push down on the center, they release easier and they will be useful longer. Pushing from the bottom wears them out faster. Do push from the bottom once they are out of the hole so they go back in and lock.
I can't tell you how long I fought with those little monsters trying to push them out from the back. What a huge help! Thanks xplodnstar!