How to Sync Throttle Bodies on the FZ6R

jester8p

So after getting my Carbtune in the mail I decided to sync the throttle bodies...holy cow what a difference. #2 and #3 were out of sync and after syncing it all not only did my idle smooth out much better, but the annoying 7K buzz that the fz6r are supposidly plagued with is all but gone.

I highly suggest that if anyone gets the annoying engine buzz around the 7K mark to sync the throttle bodies.
:D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, my Morgan Carbtune Pro came in the mail last week. I'm just waiting for some decent weather and free-time to be able to sync the throttle bodies and adjust the idle.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Is this an installation kit? What mileage is it recommended for it? I know newer bikes do run better early than over time and later need adjusting.

Robert.. I'll help you break i..I mean work on it.. I'll be free afternoons this week..
No, it's not a kit. The Carbtune is a vacuum manometer. http://www.carbtune.com/

I should be free in the evenings after work, as long as it's not raining (still need to clean up the garage so I can have my work space back). I'll let you know.

Spunky99

I bought the cheapest mercury 4 tube gauge I could find.
My #1 cylinder was below 24 so I adjusted it so the high pulse was just below the mark and then adjusted the other 3 cylinders to the same mark.
The furthest cylinder on the right was way high and #2 from the left was low.
Afterwards the engine runs smoother than when I bought the bike.
I did accelleration tests on freeway onramps and it definitely has more power than before.
It takes about 10 minutes to raise the tank and hook up the vacumn gauge and do the adjustment and put it all back to the way it was before. Very easy and well worth the cost.

I looked for vacumn gauges on gauges on eBay and they still have the one I got. The ones with the analog gauges are a pain as you have to calibrate the gauges before use and then they are not that accurate unless you buy the high $$ ones.

Carb Sync Mercury Tuner W/ 5 & 6mm adapters-Motorcycle: eBay Motors (item 290441503040 end time Jul-02-10 15:54:25 PDT)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Stephenfz6r

I did not see any photos on the first and second entries?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I see them ,but was just thinking, we need this write-up in pdf, just so who ever has the pics on their photo bucket account don't get lost.... I can try it, but my pdf outputs are limited.... anyone else?
I could give it a shot too.

Ok, here is the link to a PDF version of the How-to. I didn't do any editing; I simply copy and pasted the entire text and inserted the pictures.

http://www.4shared.com/document/pWR2p-cF/TB_Sync_How-To.html

Last edited:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! My stupid word to pdf converter only does one page at a time.... too lazy to go buy a real one.

Wonder if we could set up a pdf gallery on this site? Many people have spent their time to do this for the rest of us, it would suck to see them leave the site, or clear out their photos only to lose such great write-ups!
You know, I have been thinking about that for quite sometime now. I was actually going to take all the how-to's and put them into PDFs and then host them all in one place. I just need to get the time to do it.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Steviet

your picture showing adjusting idle is wrong procedure. you should never use
this area to adjust your idle. there is a special screw for adjusting idle as shown in service manual. manual states never using the lock nut allen head.
to adjust idle.
It appears butcher birds post has gone somewhat unnoticed or ignored for some reason. He's right that the manual says to adjust the idle using a different screw instead of that locking nut assembly. That should get corrected, no?

Spunky99

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited: