Shuts off after blip in neutral or 1st with clutch pulled in

Nrstar8088

Hey everyone..

Ok so I've had this issue every once in a while and it does go away.

But It happened again today and there was a teeny tiny bit of smoke coming from front of bike under gas tank I think...

So if I'm in neutral and I blip the throttle all is fine but instead of going back to idle it goes past idle and just shuts off.

If I'm in 1st with clutch pulled in and do the blip it also shuts off after blipping.

Very weird.

Anyone ever heard of this problem??

I honestly don't think the smoke is related but mentioned it anyway. I've never seen smoke any other time this issue happened. And the smoke is very very tiny amount. Usually noticeable when I'm revving engine at standstill.

Thank you for reading

milepig

Hey everyone..

Ok so I've had this issue every once in a while and it does go away.

But It happened again today and there was a teeny tiny bit of smoke coming from front of bike under gas tank I think...

So if I'm in neutral and I blip the throttle all is fine but instead of going back to idle it goes past idle and just shuts off.

If I'm in 1st with clutch pulled in and do the blip it also shuts off after blipping.

Very weird.

Anyone ever heard of this problem??

I honestly don't think the smoke is related but mentioned it anyway. I've never seen smoke any other time this issue happened. And the smoke is very very tiny amount. Usually noticeable when I'm revving engine at standstill.

Thank you for reading
Bout all I can offer is to inspect electrical connections, and perhaps clean. That is a weird one for sure. Hope you can figure it out.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

fz6rfizzy

Not sure if this relates to a similar issue we had with a Harley, however would be simple to check. The clutch switch housing could possibly be bad or stuck and need some a cleaning. Maybe? Maybe not. Good luck to you though!