How To: Replace Stock Handlebars with Renthal Bars

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Spunky99

Perfect job.....Thanks....That's exactly what I'll do. I already have the risers forward so 1 inch off the ends and I'm there.

Wayyyy cool.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

In your finished product page you dont have your new bar ends in?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

bobski

Hey Chad, I pretty new at this stuff, sooooo to help me understand . . what was the purpose/reason for changing the bars?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

jerrad

I did this last night, thanks for the write up.

One note, when you take off the throttle tube you don't need to take out the screw that holds the plate that holds the throttle cables down. You can undo the two long screws and it'll come apart and no need to mess with the cables.

danieljardim

I did this last night, thanks for the write up.

One note, when you take off the throttle tube you don't need to take out the screw that holds the plate that holds the throttle cables down. You can undo the two long screws and it'll come apart and no need to mess with the cables.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BOB88R

So I decided to take off my bars when I got home, and do what you did. I cut 1" off of each end, and I also flipped the risers. I like how it turned out. Thanks for the idea. Here they are, I still have to put on the bar ends, but you get the idea.
Hi guys, I bough the same handle bar. What do you mean by flipping or move the risers forward? I'm a total noob.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator:

BOB88R

Okay guys, I wanted a how to on this before I did mine, but there wasn't one, so I thought that I would snap some pics while I did the switch to the Renthal Handlebars. I went with the Road Ultra Low Handlebars. I got them from Motorcycle Superstore here: Renthal 7/8" Street Handlebars - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
Hi guys, just another question, I bought the same Renthal UL handlebar and a Rizoma Sportsline Grip, and I found out that the left hand grip (clutch-side) doesn't fit in the handle bar. The stock grips have no issue, it fit smoothy. I tried Google but I can't find anyone who has the same issue. My work mate suggest to use sandpaper. Does anyone here have the same issue and how did you fix it?

FZwhite, sorry to hijack your thread. I'm not sure if I have to create a new thread for this related question.

dste0395

So I decided to take off my bars when I got home, and do what you did. I cut 1" off of each end, and I also flipped the risers. I like how it turned out. Thanks for the idea. Here they are, I still have to put on the bar ends, but you get the idea.

What is the major difference between these bars and our stock? I am turning mine into a cafe racer and want to use these bars to get lower in my stance. Not sure I want to do clip on's even though I know that will do the trick. Can you take pictures from the side of the bike so I can see how much lower they are than the stock? after cutting an inch off of each side does your wrist hit the tank when in a turn? Did you have to manipulate the brake cable? I would think that this would make the cable longer than one would like. Thanks, and sorry for so many questions. I want to order soon!

jerrad

I flipped my risers and cut off 1". I have tons of room between my tank and the bar ends. Also, I didn't have to do anything with the brake, throttle, or clutch. Just mounted them like stock.