How To: Replace Stock Handlebars with Renthal Bars

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Very nice! Thanks for the write up. Get some finished pics and post em up when ya can :cool:. Good job!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Newmason

Did you know that you didnt have to take the throttle tube assembly apart. Little trick we do in the motocross community when changing out bars, is to take everything off of the left side so the clutch perch and anything else you have going on, on the left side of your bar is off, then loosen up the bolt holding the throttle assembly in place, but dont back out the bolt completly, just loose enough so the assembly will slide. Next take your top clamps off of your bars and then slide the bar off of the throttle assembly! Install is just as fast, slide the throttle assembly back onto the bar, place your bar in the clamps, and tighten the top clamp bolts. This way you wont have to mess with your throttle cables or housing :)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

cavcuz05

can we see a pic of the finished project? any difference in riding pos

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Spunky99

@ FZRblack...I too have the financial support to do what I want to the bike.
Because of you, I ordered a set of the same bars in the same profile and color.
Do you have any issues with tank slapping or finger squish?

Love to see how they fit side to side etc as a finished project.:D

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

wtnotch

I used the same bars on my bike too. I did swap the risers so the bars are more forward and I have no interference problems with either the mirror or the tank. Oh yeah, I also cut off about 3/4" from each end.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator

JSP

Super Moderator