How many miles on your bike?

RooKie

2 weeks from now it'll be 1 year. So far 36,000 miles, 1 change of chain, 1 change or rear tire (front is still stock), and 1 new clutch lever set (from having dropped it in a parking =[ ). All-in-all I couldn't be happier w/ my bike! :thumbup:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

OffTheClock

2 weeks from now it'll be 1 year. So far 36,000 miles, 1 change of chain, 1 change or rear tire (front is still stock), and 1 new clutch lever set (from having dropped it in a parking =[ ). All-in-all I couldn't be happier w/ my bike! :thumbup:
36,000 miles in under a year! Wow, thats a lot of riding....mostly commuting I asume?

Skidro

I average around 15,000 miles a year on my bike(s) and thought that was pretty good, but 36,000 miles. I'm impressed, kudos to you my friend

RooKie

@Diluted - Yup, stock front tire. I'm surprised as well. I had to replace my rear tire at 16k. My guess is that the combination of long highway commute and plenty of engine braking is rough on the rear tire but very easy on the front.

@OffTheClock - 99% commuting to/from work. I live in Casa Grande, AZ and work in Tucson, AZ. 77mi one way. The other 1% is taking it in for maintenance, haha.

@Skidro - Thanks! Although I wish I didn't have to travel soo far each day, I'm afraid I'm going to wear this bike out WAY sooner than most people would normally. Just started hearing a clicking sound coming from the rear sproket area a week ago and found out that my chain has tight spots and my rear sprokets are getting grooved... soo much $$$! :( But still a heck of a ride! :cool:

OffTheClock

@Diluted - Yup, stock front tire. I'm surprised as well. I had to replace my rear tire at 16k. My guess is that the combination of long highway commute and plenty of engine braking is rough on the rear tire but very easy on the front.

@OffTheClock - 99% commuting to/from work. I live in Casa Grande, AZ and work in Tucson, AZ. 77mi one way. The other 1% is taking it in for maintenance, haha.

@Skidro - Thanks! Although I wish I didn't have to travel soo far each day, I'm afraid I'm going to wear this bike out WAY sooner than most people would normally. Just started hearing a clicking sound coming from the rear sproket area a week ago and found out that my chain has tight spots and my rear sprokets are getting grooved... soo much $$$! :( But still a heck of a ride! :cool:
@Rookie...when I commute to work, i travel around 56 miles each way. I am looking at changing my windscreen and was wondering if you have yet and if so, what you went with and why. I feel I get a lot of wind onthe freeway with the standard windshield. Any suggestions?

auniquesoul

5200 and couting, only had the bike 3 weeks ive put 560 miles on as of this am!

Patek86

I met a friend for lunch in NYC on Sunday(422 miles round trip) and hit 10,000 miles! Considering I live in Massachusetts and I bought the bike in mid June, I'm excited to see how many miles I put on my baby this summer.

Summer and warm weather can't come fast enough.
PK

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bmw675

Damn!!! Over 27K and top Poster on the site!!! :eek::eek::eek:
only so much time in a day. he must be able to do 2 things at once...... :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So2rZOeRLvU]YouTube - Texting on motorcycle[/ame]