How long have you owned your FZ6R

How long have you owned your FZ6R Or how long did you?

• Under 1 Year

Votes: 42 38.2%
  • Over 1 Year

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Over 2 Years

Votes: 46 41.8%
  • Haven't owned one yet.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Grumpy

think its odd so many guys go to super sports, didn't you buy the fz6r in the first place because you didn't want to lay on the tank. if I had not cared about that I am sure I would have bought something different, probably a GSXR 750 or Street Triple. The logical next step for this bike is the FZ1 or ninja 1000 both of which have more standard ergos.

Everyone has there different reasons. For me, I road on and off in Europe and the States. My last bike was a 91' ZX7R, I sold it in 1995 and never really road again until the last 3 years.

I wanted to ride again so I got something that wasn't too small nor to big and was in expensive (NEW) considering. However, I knew I would end up on a super sport again it was just a matter of time.

Cheers!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BKP

Had mine 2 years, before moving laterally... Going to watch the line over the next couple of years... I'd buy one again (with a few tweaks that I think Yamaha will incorporate). Just a great bike...

Superzoom

Your wife is going to do 5 hours at a time on the back of a FZ6R with the stock seat? Is that correct? If she does not kill you by hour 3 you certainly wont be getting any on this trip LMAO.:wav:
Oh, I know my wife well enough to avoid death (and ensure continued sexual favours). I'm going to be adding some seat foam for the pillion and reshaping it. Then we top it with a nice Airhawk cushion, and we should have marital bliss for at least a few hours a day.

It's amazing how intentionally crappy the vast majority of pillion seats are. 98% are designed just for looks.

Superzoom

My wife and I found the seats on the FZ6R to be pretty comfortable!
You two are my heroes, because my wife and I were screaming for mercy after about an hour during our tour of Nova Scotia. Our longest riding days were probably under 400 kms, and we made sure to stop every 45 minutes or so.

Rawknrohl

This will be my 4th summer with my 6r, making four years I've owned it in August. It's a great machine. I'm not likely to get rid of it anytime soon.

zcypher

im about to start my second season. bought it new last summer (white 2013), did about 4000kms in a couple of months. i cant wait to start riding again.. i feel like it is the perfect first bike for me and so far can imagine keeping it for a long time. i love it so much :-D

JonKerr

Elite Member
5 years 600 miles been disabled forever ride just when I get an itch to.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

skitzo2121

Got mine a month and a half ago got about 3300 miles on it and love it. It is a lot more fun to ride then my cruiser was. I do plan on getting a SS but I will keep my 6r for my commute and have my R6 for fun

Allmendinger

Three weeks.. 900 miles.. I came from a CB500f that I had for a season and did 3,000 miles on. I can see doing that this next month!

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member