How long have you owned your FZ6R

How long have you owned your FZ6R Or how long did you?

• Under 1 Year

Votes: 42 38.2%
  • Over 1 Year

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Over 2 Years

Votes: 46 41.8%
  • Haven't owned one yet.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

SixRFixR

2.5 years. Just rolled over 10,000 miles on a 342 mile ride last Sunday. Gotta love the SoCal weather, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. It's down to a bone-chilling 55 degrees this morning with an expected high in the mid 80's. This is really the only time of year it rains and it just hasn't this time around. I could stand a bit of normal.

D52

It will be 1 year come the end of May with just under 3K miles. So much better than the Honda 250 I had for a briefly before this one. Was already looking at other bikes with a couple friends at the Cleveland show, but I think I should be sticking with this bike for awhile before I start getting bad ideas... :D

bloodypulp

15 months since I bought my 2012 raven and 12,000 miles . Still love it and try to ride it every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

blkbrd

Elite Member

Malicioso

Owned mine for just over 4months and in that time have managed to do approx 4,500kms which is equivalent to 2800Miles :)

FastFreddy

Over 3 years now and it has 55577 km on the odo this morning.

It goes without saying to take it easy for the first week after the snow melts.
You need 2 weeks to get back in the groove after time off the bike.
Even Lorenzo was rusty at the first test of the year.

Superzoom

Four years by March 2014

Hard to believe, but I will have owned my FZ6R four years by March of 2014. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 30 000 kms on it. Original chain, second set of tires (all need to be replaced SOON).

In the time I've had it, I've ridden from Calgary, Alberta to Toronto, Ontario (my home), to Halifax and back twice, and once to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Did three unofficial Saddlesore 1000's during those trips (gotta learn to stop doing those, as they're not really fun).

In May, I'm going to ride from Toronto to Vancouver, run the Vancouver Marathon there, then spend two weeks riding down the west coast, all the way to L.A., hitting Seattle, San Francisco, Yosemite and Cambria (where Hearst Castle is). My wife will be on the back of the bike for the 3000 km trip down the coast. Then I will ride back from L.A. to Toronto, hoping to see some stretches of old Route 66.

I have to admit that lately, I've been looking at other bikes. Cooler bikes, bikes with more character, less practical bikes. But I realized that I myself am not a cool person, and the FZ6R is plenty cool for me. It's a fantastic bike for beginners, veterans not out to impress anyone, and every day riders. It'll commute, tour and run curves, all in comfort. It's a great all-around bike, and this forum is absolutely one of the best.

One last impressive comment: In four years, not a SINGLE problem with the bike. It's ridiculously reliable, and instills confidence when I'm 4000 kms away from home. Great bike.

MattEnTheHat

Sounds like a great trip you have planned for May! Seattle is my favorite city in the US of the ones I have visited. I grew up in LA and of course am very fond of it, be sure to visit Santa Monica and Venice beach while you are there if you want that stereotypical California feel. I now live very close to Hearst Castle (in San Luis Obispo if you have heard of it). I had no idea that Hearst Castle is so well known. It is a really cool thing to see though, and there are some great roads for riding in the area. I'll be on the lookout for FZ6Rs with Canadian plates in May!

Superzoom

Sounds like a great trip you have planned for May! Seattle is my favorite city in the US of the ones I have visited. I grew up in LA and of course am very fond of it, be sure to visit Santa Monica and Venice beach while you are there if you want that stereotypical California feel. I now live very close to Hearst Castle (in San Luis Obispo if you have heard of it). I had no idea that Hearst Castle is so well known. It is a really cool thing to see though, and there are some great roads for riding in the area. I'll be on the lookout for FZ6Rs with Canadian plates in May!
It's going to be an epic trip. I'm mostly worried that my wife will get too uncomfortable on the back for the five hour riding days. Five hours is no sweat for me. But she's a trooper and she is probably more excited about the trip than I am!

I've never been to Seattle, and am really looking forward to it. It sounds like a really cool city. I've been to San Fran a couple times and absolutely love the beauty, culture and character of the place. The houses and neighbourhoods are beautiful and Alcatraz is a gas!

Ironically, L.A. is the one city that we are neglecting and spending no time in, just passing through. You hear so many cynical comments about L.A. I know that every city has its charms, but we only had two weeks, so are putting more emphasis on the riding itself and some of the hip cities on the way. I know I'll get to do L.A. properly some day (hopefully as a successful screenwriter!).

I've been to Hearst Castle once before and I think it's a must see. I'm a former film student, and we're taught to revere the movie "Citizen Kane," which is based on William Randolph Hearst. We're staying in Cambria, but we did see San Luis on the map. You are very lucky to live where you do.

Looking forward to enjoying your state!

MattEnTheHat

The longest I have ridden is a bit over an hour but it sounds like she will be alright.
Seattle actually reminds me quite a bit of SF, but even better in my opinion.
Out of the places you mentioned, LA is definitely the one I would skip. Maybe my view is skewed having grown up there, but it doesnt really have anything particularly unique or interesting unless you are into looking at the outside of famous people's houses.. I guess Hollywood is pretty cool, but I dunno. I guess other things just intetest me more. Anyways enjoy your trip!

latony007

The longest I have ridden is a bit over an hour but it sounds like she will be alright.
Seattle actually reminds me quite a bit of SF, but even better in my opinion.
Out of the places you mentioned, LA is definitely the one I would skip. Maybe my view is skewed having grown up there, but it doesnt really have anything particularly unique or interesting unless you are into looking at the outside of famous people's houses.. I guess Hollywood is pretty cool, but I dunno. I guess other things just intetest me more. Anyways enjoy your trip!
hmm I kinda disagree with that. I don't think L.A. would be up there with say Rome or London as top places I would like to visit but especially for the nanucks from the north a couple days in Malibu would be nice, seeing the weirdos in Hollywood and venice beach always creates a few good stories, plus you have universal, magic mountain, dland, knots etc. all within about 45 minutes.

latony007

It's going to be an epic trip. I'm mostly worried that my wife will get too uncomfortable on the back for the five hour riding days. Five hours is no sweat for me. But she's a trooper and she is probably more excited about the trip than I am!

I've never been to Seattle, and am really looking forward to it. It sounds like a really cool city. I've been to San Fran a couple times and absolutely love the beauty, culture and character of the place. The houses and neighbourhoods are beautiful and Alcatraz is a gas!

Ironically, L.A. is the one city that we are neglecting and spending no time in, just passing through. You hear so many cynical comments about L.A. I know that every city has its charms, but we only had two weeks, so are putting more emphasis on the riding itself and some of the hip cities on the way. I know I'll get to do L.A. properly some day (hopefully as a successful screenwriter!).

I've been to Hearst Castle once before and I think it's a must see. I'm a former film student, and we're taught to revere the movie "Citizen Kane," which is based on William Randolph Hearst. We're staying in Cambria, but we did see San Luis on the map. You are very lucky to live where you do.

Looking forward to enjoying your state!
Your wife is going to do 5 hours at a time on the back of a FZ6R with the stock seat? Is that correct? If she does not kill you by hour 3 you certainly wont be getting any on this trip LMAO.:wav:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

My wife and I found the seats on the FZ6R to be pretty comfortable!
Well your the only one lol, especially the passenger seat. I had mine redone and big improvement.

Attachments

Grumpy

Had mind for just about two years before trading her for the super sport.

latony007

Had mind for just about two years before trading her for the super sport.
think its odd so many guys go to super sports, didn't you buy the fz6r in the first place because you didn't want to lay on the tank. if I had not cared about that I am sure I would have bought something different, probably a GSXR 750 or Street Triple. The logical next step for this bike is the FZ1 or ninja 1000 both of which have more standard ergos.