Helmet Visors

What Color Visor?

• Total voters

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I have had to ride at night with my dark smoke visor. :cool: It's not the best for visibility, but you can still see. For me, the dark smoke visor was slightly more helpful than my clear shield, just because I have severe astigmatisms in my eyes and headlights create major starbursts. I would still prefer the clear shield at night just for all-around better visibility.

Heineken

Elite Member

Craxican

I have a modular/dual visor...LOVE IT! Straight clear visor for night riding...flip the switch and now i have a smoke inside visor for day....does kinda suck to clean though lol

Roaddawg

I have a modular/dual visor...LOVE IT! Straight clear visor for night riding...flip the switch and now i have a smoke inside visor for day....does kinda suck to clean though lol
That's exactly what I have and think its the only way to go. You don't have to worry about losing your sunglasses or bringing two visors with you to swap out.

bjpinub

That's exactly what I have and think its the only way to go. You don't have to worry about losing your sunglasses or bringing two visors with you to swap out.
Out of curiosity, what kind of helmet do you have? I have a modular Fulmer helmet, but I have to swap out the visors, instead of having both a tinted and a clear visor. Any links and/or rough price?

Craxican

HJC makes a few...and I'm pretty sure Icon has one or two on the line-up...but my helmet is a Hawk Full Black (can be found at leatherup.com)...pretty cheap too...

Roaddawg

HJC makes a few...and I'm pretty sure Icon has one or two on the line-up...but my helmet is a Hawk Full Black (can be found at leatherup.com)...pretty cheap too...
I got the same one...but silver! Not the best helmet, but you can't beat the price for the functions.

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Pompatuse

+1 to Jon on the DOT standards. You've said it before and were absolutely right then too! On the visor issue, I go clear with a pair of ballistic sunglasses. The Z28 rated balistic glasses protect enough that I can ride up to around 50 with the visor open and have the added benifit of stopping anything that gets thrown up from the road. Oakley and other companies sell them on their web sites. I have to take back roads from theranch to the main highway to get to work and it's usually around 5 AM then with plenty of deer out. On the flip side of that, it's usually around 5:30 PM on the way home and I need the shades. I can look around and check on where to find some good ones if anyone is interested.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Im having an issue with my Scorpion EXO-700 visor... It is supposed to be a great visor on the helmet for anti-fog. True, it doesnt fog at all, no matter how cold ive ridden (high 20's) but it does something else that i find worse.

It forms condensation very badly, on the inside of the visor. I got this new helmet because my other one (cl-15) sucked and the visor was crap. Rain would drain inside the visor and I couldnt see. Now this one does this! I cannot see at all when it does it and it wont dry even if i lift it all the way open. My gloves just smeer it around and make it worse. I have to stop and use a rag in my tank bag to clean it off. It doesnt last though, comes right back. Seems it only really does it if its under about 45 degrees.

I'm thinking about just getting another visor without the anti-fog built in. At least that, I can usually just wipe away with my glove.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Pompatuse

mirrored one on my icon. love it! especially when you're eyes start to wonder at a light and you want no one to know :)
Good call on that one!!!:thumbup:

porky45

haha. ah yes. no ones sees the eyes wander, but if the scenery is that good then the helmet swivels, nothing to disguise that!

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

I'd been using RainX mostly. It works but it'll stop working after a couple days use so I have to reapply it.

Also for those of you wearing a clear shield and sun glasses, I thought about going this way but then I was riding and I saw a couple rocks fly by and hit my visor and helmet.

My helmet has some pretty long scratch lines along the side.

How do you deal with rocks/bugs flying to your face?