Hard Bags with a passenger?

JonKerr

Elite Member

13FZ6R

I only read your title but I have a feeling this is something to talk to your doctor about, or ride with less attractive passengers...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

adamo3957

Firstly, I'd tell him not to worry about the Hondas, didn't you know all Honda bikes sell their soul for reliability from the factory?

2 up touring I'd look at the cb500x personally...

I would recommend mid size twins or big I4 motors for 2 up touring, or if budget allows a triumph tiger 800, the tigers are very capable bikes and I know a few high millage ones, I'm considering one myself...

There's lots of bikes out there that would fit the bill, so get him to shop around and find the right bike for him.

Runragged2

Dont get too hung up on high mileage. Its how well its been looked after that counts.
A bike that is used regularly and maintained will be a lot better than a low mileage one left salted up for one winter or simply not cleaned or maintained. Consider what condition the rubbers might that are hidden, the effect of engine parts standing with contaminated oil for prolonged periods, tyres age with the sun.
I have seen wrecks with less than 2000 on the clock, and managed to sell my regularly used bikes, often at a premium price.
I ride 5 days out of 7 for 46 weeks a year.
I have done this for many of the 36 years since I started riding.

And last year I bought a XJ6S the European equivalent of FZ6, which is serving me well.

David

Bert-Aus

Panniers with racks can be mounted quite easily to the FZ6R (or XJ6 in my case)

AS far as 2 up riding I would recommend a rear shock upgrade.
I found 2 up with my wife, the rear suspension was bogged down (my wife is only 50kg's) and that was with the rear pre-loaded to #7

Images of my Givi 3d600 bags mounted below

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member