Gun Talk Thread

darksidefz6r

Anyone into guns?

Well when I was a kid my grandfather introduced me to shooting. Although I have always enjoyed it I never really got into it until recently. I thought I would see if anyone else here was an enthusiast. So post up what you've got.

My current line up:

Savage Axis in .223
Bushnell 3-9x40

my in-process precision long range shooter
Remington 700 in .308 w/ 26" varmint barrel
Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44
Bipod

Don't have any pics of the henry lever action .22lr or my old air pellet rifle.

Last edited:

BKP

JSP

Super Moderator
The Bar: Pull up a stool. This is an open forum where you can discuss whatever you wish.

Unless there is already a long ongoing thread about it.. Just makes it easier and cleaner.

Merged.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

Would not have thought to look at the sports talk sub-forum for this topic, I guess that was my bad.

Reaver

Just got my B-day present in from my dad.

A hammer-less Ruger SP101 marked SPNY .38 Special DOA

Cerebus

Just did paperwork this morning on my two newest toys ...an HK94 and HK91. Will be able to pick them up next week. :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

Cerebus

My local dealer actually had stuff in stock when I stopped in earlier this week. Two months ago, his cases were pretty much bare.

Riccochet

My best friend is an FFL. Being a CCH instructor I also know a lot of dealers. Not much I can't get, but at what price? lol

Rugers, sheeeeit, they've been back ordered forever. Any high end Springer 1911 is also hard to come by. I did stumble on a BNIB Nighthawk GRP Recon. Guy wants $2100 for it. Might bite once I come back from vaca.

Otherwise, I'm about 4-6 weeks out from a couple more tax stamps coming in to finish a MK12 build and Serbu.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Riccochet

the safety is that lump of gray matter between your ears. fumbling with a manual safety under duress is something you shouldn't have to worry about. and it's one more thing to fail on a carry pistol.

the Kahr PM40 doesn't require a safety since it is DOA. It has a very long, very heavy trigger pull. A fine pistol if you can get used to the trigger.

Deathdiesel

So guys, looking at a EDC CCW pistol. Thinking S&W M&P Shield, 9mm. Thoughts? Turns out these things are hard to get ahold of, theres a local cabbelas that has 16 of them supposedly.

2013 Fz6r satin

To me a carry gun should be a revolver... Always thinking what if I pull the semi and it jammed,do I have 1 in the tube,safety on? A lot to think about when you have a split second to figure it out...when I do carry the glock 20c the mag with the round nose goes in,and 1 in the tube...ruger sp 101 .357 with black talons is my normal carry...

Bo Peep

So guys, looking at a EDC CCW pistol. Thinking S&W M&P Shield, 9mm. Thoughts? Turns out these things are hard to get ahold of, theres a local cabbelas that has 16 of them supposedly.
If you decide to go with the Shield, keep an eye out for issues. They recently had a recall. Cant remember why though. I myself use a Sig P938, husband has a Springfield EMP in 40. If the Springfield XDS holds up to their M series, I would definitely suggest that, but Im a big Springfield fan.