Gun Talk Thread

JonKerr

Elite Member

24KMACH

WHY GRANDPA HAS A CONCEAL CARRY PERMIT AND CARRIES A GUN..... an excellent read!
Please take time to read this and pay particular attention
to "A Little Gun History" about half way down.
Why Carry a Gun?
My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in
every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin.'
I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
I don't carry a gun be cause I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the
evil in the world.
I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my
life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want
to be a cowboy.
I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of
themselves and the ones they love.
I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs,
I am inadequate.
I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make
it meaningful to me.
Police protection is an oxymoron.
Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'.....
author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From
1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to
defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to
1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves,
were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to
1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were
unable to defend themselves were rounded up and
exterminated. ------------------------------
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952,
20 million political dissidents, unable to defend
themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to
1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ---- -------------
-------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to
1977, one million educated people, unable to defend
themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because
of gun control: 56 million.
You won't see this data on the U S evening news, or hear
politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and
property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only
the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control,
please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are
'subjects'.
I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!

Xfactor evo

I love guns and being i was an infantryman for a decade i have a buttload of them at targets and people alike. I ran into a rough spot and sold all of them except two. I have a makarov 9mm lost in my storage unit somewhere and a springfield xdm .40 cal. I have a chl so i take it everywhere. That bugs the old lady and she blames it on ptsd, but like that big post above i dont carry for any other reason except i have seen the evil in the world and a man knows how to protec his family. So far as a civilian i have pulled it on a hells angel fucktard threatening my family and a crackhead climbing up the back of my apartment at 3am. Never had to pull the trigger on it except at targets thankfully. I also had a sig sauer p220, and a p556 and a beretta statesman semi auto 12 ga. Shotty

Deputyfarva252

A .38 +P or +P+ will do you fine in a self defense situation, but a .357 revolver is ideal because you can run .38 through it at the range and keep .357 in it at home for defense.

If you want a home defense weapon, a revolver is 100% your best bet (and this is coming from someone who owns all semi auto pistols.) If your home is invaded and you have a .357 you'll only need a couple shots, so the 15+ mag capacity of autos is rendered moot. And when you are awoken in the middle of the night, the revolver is the simplest pistol to use, and in the event of a misfire, you simply pull the trigger agin and the cylendar cycles. In a semi-auto if you get a misfire or jam you have to take action to clear the jam, etc. And if untrained to do so, that's all the time an attacker needs.

Revolvers for home defense, seriously. Unless you spend a lot of time at the range, training with immediate action drills, etc.

I beg to differ about a hand gun being the best home defense weapon , you start throwing slugs through the house it has the potential to go through walls hit other people in the house and go through your house into a neighbors home. You are responsible for that round from the time it leaves your barrel until gravity brings it back to the earth. Mossberg 500 Persuader 20 Gauge Tactical Shotgun **NEW** Mossberg Shotguns > Pump > Tactical for sale, gun classifieds or gun auction from PERRYS GUN SHOP. Buy or bid on this Mossberg 500 Persuader 20 Gauge Tactical Shotgun **NEW** in the category Mo put some bird shot in this and at close range its only going to take one shot and alot less risk of collateral damage

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Sage

get the best of both worlds, The Judge ;)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNFJuTUXB4o&feature=channel_video_title"]‪Taurus The Judge‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

24KMACH

This is my carry gun and it is all you need.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUqaG4a5PYw"]‪Bond Arms Derringers‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Roaddawg

My 14 yr old son just won a Remington 887 Nitro Mag 12 gauge at a California Waterfoul Association dinner. That thing is pretty cool looking...kinda futuristic. It's got this plastic armor cladding on it to give it more weather protection...which is perfect for my son, since he's an avid bird hunter. Should've seen the look on his face when he saw it....

Also, anyone have a Ruger LCP or LC9? I have a Glock 27 that I carry when I ride off-duty, but I'm looking at these smaller ones that would be more convenient to carry...throw in my shorts pocket, jacket pocket....

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Deputyfarva252

My 14 yr old son just won a Remington 887 Nitro Mag 12 gauge at a California Waterfoul Association dinner. That thing is pretty cool looking...kinda futuristic. It's got this plastic armor cladding on it to give it more weather protection...which is perfect for my son, since he's an avid bird hunter. Should've seen the look on his face when he saw it....

Also, anyone have a Ruger LCP or LC9? I have a Glock 27 that I carry when I ride off-duty, but I'm looking at these smaller ones that would be more convenient to carry...throw in my shorts pocket, jacket pocket....
I had the ruger LCP for my ankle/backup kept it about two weeks and sold it . I hated the trigger pull on the weapon it was hard to have any type of trigger control with it because of the length of the pull , I found it to be hard to be consistant with getting rounds to get in the same spot . My two cents , its a nice gun other then that and not everyone minds a long trigger pull .

Y

yellowfz

I keep a 9mm Browning with a Laser sight attached for home defense , if the red dot is there the bullet follows .
I am not a very good shot but I can hit the red dot every time for some reason . :D

JSP

Super Moderator

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Springfield xdm .40 ftw 25 meters i can place almost the whole 16 rd mag in a 4" circle
I love my XDM S&W.40! :thumbup: That's my personal/home defense firearm that doubles as my riding buddy. :cool: