Gun Talk Thread

cbzdel

cool! think i might have to add one to the collection!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
cool! think i might have to add one to the collection!
If you do get one, then you can punk your friends with it. Load it normally for yourself and show them how it shoots. Then load it extra hot for them and watch them shoot it and fall on their butts. :rof:

cbzdel

sounds fun haha!

i told the wife i wanted to get a .50 bmg but she said no :banghead:

gotta come up with something else.. or a reason i need the .50 bmg.. she asked why i needed it and I said if someone was to break into the house and run away I can still hit them if they are less than 1 mile away haha.. she didnt think it was a valid reason lol..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
sounds fun haha!

i told the wife i wanted to get a .50 bmg but she said no :banghead:

gotta come up with something else.. or a reason i need the .50 bmg.. she asked why i needed it and I said if someone was to break into the house and run away I can still hit them if they are less than 1 mile away haha.. she didnt think it was a valid reason lol..
Just tell her that the rounds will penetrate the engine block of the getaway car. That way you can stop the bad guys without having the guilt of shooting them. :thumbup:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cbzdel

Just picked up a Ruger LCP the other day, will probably pick up a pocket holster for it as well.

Its so tiny, i can almost hide it in the palm of my hand! It holds 6+1 .380 rounds.

Still on my want list:
-Tactical 12gauge. I bought a 12 gauge, but it has a 28" barrel on it and now I kinda want to try out skeet, if I dont like it then I will probably convert it to tactical though.
-some sort of pistol with a laser and flashlight attached to it, just have to have this combo somewhere in my collection (not sure what sizze chamber)
-stainless steel full size 1911 .45 or .50 not sure, kinda leaning towards .50 just because haha!
-Another 22 rifle, more tricked out for target shooting
-Maybe yet another 22 with a tactical kit on it
-Ruger M77 30-06
-Gotta also add a assault rifle in there somewhere

I got a gun safe that will hold 10 rifles and a few pistols so I gotta fill it up hahah!

Last edited:

JoshF

Say hello to my little friend...

SilentT

Gun

I have a pretty good collection (since 1980) and have been interested in WWII Era
Remington 1911A1, Walther P38, Walther PPKS, M1 Garand, Browning High Power, M9, H&K P7, Luger and two Nazi era Mausers.
Hey - I'm 65 and riding the FZ6R .......

cbzdel

Say hello to my little friend...

sexy!

I want a revolver, but at the same time I want to hold off.. My father in law has 3 of them and he told me when he passes I can have them. Not that I am waiting for him to die off but just no point in buying them if I get 3 for free, call it planning ahead haha!

He has S&W .22 (blued), S&W .38 Short Barrel (blued), S&W .38 Full Size (stainless, stolen military issue haha!)

I would really like to have a couple big boys though, kinda like what you have.

cbzdel

to bring back what I said before the 2nd crash, my newest additions :)

For me, the Ruger SR9

For the lady, the Walther Pink P22 (fake carbon fiber)

edit: a side note about the Walther, it fits in my hand like no other gun ever has, its almost the exact perfect fit! its amazing, to bad its pink haha!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Cb -- You are amounting a pretty nice collection! :thumbup:

I would like to add a 1911 to my collection, or rather have someone add a 1911 to my collection for me (wink wink if you are reading this).

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cbzdel

Help me pick out whats next.. The wife really told me this line after we gout our guns last weekend..

"Ok we need to save for a while, lets make a deal...No new guns until next year."

I reply.. "thats like 2 weeks away"

she smiles and says "I know"

:D:D:D:D:D

So heres whats left on the list at the moment:
-1911 in stainless, not sure about the brand but it will be closer to the cheaper model because I really only want it to say I have a 1911 haha! It will be the last handgun I buy.. Maybe I will get a S&W 500 someday (years) down the line :eek:

-.22lr in AR-15 style gun (M&P 15-22 or Ruger SR-22)

-Real AR-15 brand unsure of but it will be a sub $1000 gun

-Hunting Rifle (Remington 700 or Ruger M77, in 30-06) I will practice all early 2010 and be ready to hunting season 2010!

Thats all I know of for right now..

cbzdel

personally I like the AR better because its more modern looking, the AK just looks so outdated to me.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Bushmaster makes a nice AR. :D

I have a M77 in .280 and absolutely love it!! That thing is such a blast to shoot and damn accurate as well.

Believe it or not, the HiPoint carbines are actually pretty nice too. Much more reliable than the HiPoint handguns, but still uses pistol ammunition. Really cheap as well.

The best way to get the cheapest prices is to go to these guys and buy from them. www.ffl4u.com That is where I picked up my XDM last year, for tons less than any store was selling it. I got it for way less than MSRP. They have a great selection, prices that are hard to beat, they ship really fast and are willing to make even better deals than are listed.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cbzdel

I was TOLD to buy another gun by the wife..

Got a rebate check in the mail for the shotgun I bought and she seen it. She asked it the deal was still going on and I said until the end of the year. She asked if Remington makes anything we want. I said they make a nice 30.06 and they even sell it at walmart for like $150 less than anywhere else.

She said "Wanna go to WalMart" :)

So just picked up a Remington ADL 700 30.06 and it came with a factory (shows no brand anywhere) scope 3-9..

It looks pretty much like this but with a scope.

I paid $440 plus I will get a $40 rebate. :D:D:D:D

All thats left is:
AR-15
AR style 22

I am gonna hold off for a while and see if any more rebates pop up though.

Edit: I bought 3 boxes of Federal 30.06 ammo while I was there. It was $14 for a box of 20 rounds. I googled Federal Ammo rebate to see if anything came up.. Looks like I get a rebate for $2 for the first box and $3 for the second. so I just paid $37 for 60 rounds which seems great IMO!

Last edited: