Gun Talk Thread

JSP

Super Moderator
There is one sound everyone knows even if they know nothing about guns and that's the sound of a pump action shotgun being chambered. If that doesn't scare an intruder off may as well toss a grenade LOL.
"Chack...Chack" :cool:

btastarsky

Another fun gun to play with is the ar-15. The mere sight of this gun will make even hard core criminals wet themselves. I have a custom bushmaster with a ton of high-speed parts on it. From the EoTech 512 holograph sight down to the vertical grip, the gun exudes "badass". It's another gun that has an unmistakable sound when a round is chambered. Plus with 30 round mags, you most likely wont need to reload. It will definitely put the fear of god into would-be assailants.

cbzdel

I just bought a Remington 870 Express 12g. at Walmart for $240 :)

It has a 26" barrel on it :eek:

I wanted it as a home defense shotgun, but I am still debating that one. I am thinking maybe have it as a field/hd gun.. Swap on the 26" barrel and shoot some clay pigeons.. Then when at home swap on a 18" barbell and keep it loaded with 00 buck shot.

Only thing, I think I would want a pistol grip w/ butt stock so I could still have it function as both a field and HD gun..

As a HD I would rather have a full pistol grip but as field I would rather have a butt stock only.. So i think something like this would work rather well..

Next gun on the list is a Ruger LCP for the lady now that we both have gotten our CW permits..

Then will probably be a .45 1911, then I will want to get a better 9mm and also a .40 (probably both Ruger because I really like their guns) I would like t keep the HiPoint as a disposable gun, one that I dont care if it brakes, even though its the most reliable gun I currently own!! I want to make it my road trip gun..

Johnfz6r

I currently have a sig 226 in 9 with the 15+1, and an AK. :)
I used to have a springfield XD in 9 that I loved but I had to part with Loved it, and I love the Sig.
My next purchase is going to be the S&W M&P 15-22, I can't wait to put down and uprising of cans in my back yard with my tactical 22!
Kick Brass - New M&P15-22 - Smith & Wesson

bmw675

this is in my collection so far (im 23 now)
winchester select platinum 12 guage over under at 22 (my weekly trap gun)
Springfield xd 9mm
Springfield xd 40 (bought the 9 and 40 the same day when i turned 21)
winchester 1300 12 guage speedpump (hunting gun got when 16)
New England 20 guage breakaction (first shotgun at 5)
Marlin 30-30, got when i was 10. hardly ever shoot it.
marlin .22 auto rifle, got when i was 7.
Winchester .22 single shot rifle, handed down from grandfather.

im always in the hunting or trap shooting in a weekly league.
as a matter of fact, heading out to go archery hunting in 10 min.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I just bought a Remington 870 Express 12g. at Walmart for $240 :)

It has a 26" barrel on it :eek:

I wanted it as a home defense shotgun, but I am still debating that one. I am thinking maybe have it as a field/hd gun.. Swap on the 26" barrel and shoot some clay pigeons.. Then when at home swap on a 18" barbell and keep it loaded with 00 buck shot.

Only thing, I think I would want a pistol grip w/ butt stock so I could still have it function as both a field and HD gun..

As a HD I would rather have a full pistol grip but as field I would rather have a butt stock only.. So i think something like this would work rather well..

Next gun on the list is a Ruger LCP for the lady now that we both have gotten our CW permits..

Then will probably be a .45 1911, then I will want to get a better 9mm and also a .40 (probably both Ruger because I really like their guns) I would like t keep the HiPoint as a disposable gun, one that I dont care if it brakes, even though its the most reliable gun I currently own!! I want to make it my road trip gun..
That looks like it would be an awesome stock! If you do get it, let us know how it functions as the pistol grip and a regular butt stock.

btastarsky

If you want to have a multi-purpose shotgun, the best stock option is to put on an expandable m4 type stock. There are several companies that make this stock, but the best is the Blackhawk Knoxx. It's available in two version: recoil reducing and non-recoil reducing. As soon as I have enough money to get my mossberg 500 persuader, this will be the first mod I do.

cbzdel

If you want to have a multi-purpose shotgun, the best stock option is to put on an expandable m4 type stock. There are several companies that make this stock, but the best is the Blackhawk Knoxx. It's available in two version: recoil reducing and non-recoil reducing. As soon as I have enough money to get my mossberg 500 persuader, this will be the first mod I do.
I have seen those stocks, and they seem a little to hardcore for me, the look it just not the look I would want to portray if I was at the range shooting skeet..

If I went full tactical I would totally get one of those though...

My buddy just won a Moss 500 off gunbroker for $150, pretty cheap IMO..

OTTF

I currently own a Glock 27 sweet little gun, I use it for CC. I also own a Bersa 380 CC for my wife.

My next purchase will be a Mossberg 500 with some extras. Also planning on picking up the Walther PPS in 40 to make the CC a little easier.

Craxican

I have a 1911 as my carry...LOVE IT, but you have to carry it "cocked and locked" unless you are a REALLY fast draw (or have big hands)...loaded with Winchester hollows...

Try Taurus man, they are cheaper than most and just as good as many...I also have a S&W Sigma 9mm...not the best but good for home defense...(After the M4 gives out lol)

cbzdel

a 1911 for carry??! Thats a huge carry gun! is it the full size or more compact version?

F

FZ6Rgurl

Oh I feel extremely boring... I just have my .270 that I use for hunting. So sad.:confused:

cbzdel

you hunt!! im jealous, i want to give it a try but no one else i know is interested in going :(

F

FZ6Rgurl

Oh hunting is SO much fun!!! It gets you away from civilization for awhile.

Stricken

I carry my LCP with me most of the time except at work. The gun is so darn convenient I sometime forget that I have it with me.

bmw675

I carry my LCP with me most of the time except at work. The gun is so darn convenient I sometime forget that I have it with me.
i wanted to get the lcr when it came out this year, but it has been impossible to find around here.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
a 1911 for carry??! Thats a huge carry gun! is it the full size or more compact version?
I carry a full size gun as well, the Springfield Armory XDM in .40 S&W. The size is not the problem, it's finding the right position and type of clothing to conceal it. I have great success CC'ing with it and it has a 4.5" barrel. :eek: lol

cbzdel

I just found out today that open carry is legal in my state.. who woulda thunk it! I honestly didnt know it was legal anywhere!