Greetings from the West

Eonsu

Greetings riders,

Well I have had my new 2013 build FZ6R for... a week now and I'm enjoying it a lot. So I thought I would say hello to all the other FZ6R riders (And their variants) from around the world. Its the white/red version and done just over 120 klms now.

I'm coming from a R15, so you can imagine the difference I notice when going from such a small bike to a larger one.
It was amusing when I test rode the FZ6R the first time, and when I went to get on my R15, I started looking for the coin slot to start the kiddie ride :D
Don't get me wrong, I love the R15, it is a faithful ride for the last 3 years. I just wanted something a little bigger.
It is a lot heavier than what I thought, but hey, its a bigger bike. though I do miss being able to man handle it a little when parking.
One thing I did notice that I thought was strange (at least for me) is the heat that it gets up to. 100 celcius seems really high to me, but its my first big bike so I was not sure what to expect.

I have not had a chance to take my new baby out for a long ride yet. But I am looking forward to it.
The few things I am thinking of adding/changing on my bike are as follows:
Frame sliders (T-rex or GYTR. not sure which yet.)
Smaller front indicators
custom license plate
Joice box or power commander. (I'm hoping for a little overun pop :) )
I want to keep the stock exhaust for the moment.

Anyway, hello to all and hope to see you all out there on the road
:)

Bert-Aus

Welcome fellow awstrayan!:thumbup:
Great forum here, a wealth of shared info +shits & giggles

Side note: Dont bother with a PCV/ Juicebox until you change the exhaust

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

Another welcome from Cali, if you can get the Trex sliders that have the pucks that are wider at the base get those they look the best. Check out mine and scott Thomas pictures to see how to add LED strips to the front after you change out the front signals. When you put flushes on they are really hard to see from the front and some states don't like it so we added the LED strips. I also have some in back. I have the white/red too and added some red touches to brigten it up a bit, couple gel stickers, rear signals, grips and bar end. Anyway Welcome and be safe.

Eonsu

Thanks all for the welcome :)

Bert: Part of the reason I was looking at the boxes was for a bit more fuel economy really.

Latony: I never thought about the led strips, sounds like a good idea and cant hurt to be seen more. :)

Sadly I cannot get the tapered pucks for the t-rex, they do look great.
I cant decide on which I should get, gytr or t-rex. Is there really any difference beyond price?

Again thanks all and hope to see you out there :) (at least those in Australia on the western side might be a bit of a long ride from the US, might get a bit wet halfway too)

Bert-Aus

... fuel economy really...
You will only end up leaning the fuel mix out, which can result in untimely wear on the top end the engine.
Best fuel economy on this bike is achieved by running the engine high, believe it or not but
you will achieve peak economy when keeping her above 7K rpm

The Juicebox/ PCV is to alter the fuel mix once you mess with the AIS, airbox and exhaust
...but if that is what you want to do, it is your cash and bike

Eonsu

Thanks for the info.
As I do not know the greatest about bikes and am always happy to learn, it's great to have some input.

I was hoping the boxes would be a simple and quick option to help with fuel. But if that is more what you do after you change the intake, exhaust etc, I'm happy to leave it off.

Heh, I really haven't hit over 5k revs yet, most riding has been in peak hour traffic.

VRIIClubby

welcome aboard the board mate!

13' over here aswell and its my 1st ever bike, I have learnt a helluva lot from the all the members on here, take everything with a pinch of salt! arm yourself with everyones opinions and then make your own!

I'd echo what Bert said about the fuel controller, very pointless with the stock exhaust, you wont get overrun crackle and pops with the stock exhaust (well you do but you cant really hear it). fuel economy will more than likely get worse the majority of us unless you get it dyno tuned). Remember the rules of efficiency. More Air, More Fuel More Bang.

As for the temps that's about the norm, mine will nudge 100 when navigating traffic and main streets etc, out on the open road in 40+ she will normally sit in the mid 90's and on milder days high 80's. (don't worry I shat myself the first time it hit 100!)

IM guessing you still have the limiter on it? That would be my first mod ;) wait until you unleash the beast within...

most importantly, take your time with your mods, plan them so they don't cost you more in the long run, mosdding these is really easy as there isn't really that much choice out there, so every part that has been made is on majority of peoples bikes. learn from their mistakes.

keep your rubber down and enjoy!

FZ6RiderSteve

Elite Member
I just installed the T-rex Frame Sliders and I think these are nicer than the shogun's. It was a bit intimidating when I installed them because you have to support the motor with a jack (since the bolts that support the bracket also support the engine. I was all, "Sheit, I have to remove the exhaust to install these???" After getting the first one on, the right side was a breeze. 35 minute to install w/torque specs. Its a great bike that hasn't let me down, even my buddy liked it so much he dropped it. :D:D:D

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

i think the shoguns work fine, they look like crap though imo. They look like (and i think are) big roller skate wheels from the 70s glued to the side of your bike. Here is a picture of the led signals, only like 4 bucks on ebay but dont get the black strip ones they bend the wrong way. This was Scotts idea btw :)

i included a picture of my back LED too, might be going to far but the strips are so cheap and for the rare times i ride at night i like to be seen.

Attachments

Eonsu

Whelp, I have order t-rex sliders yesterday, now just have to wait for arrival.
I'm looking forward to putting them on :)

When looking at the t-rex site, I saw link lower things... that looked very interesting to me, as I'm on my toes when standing still.
That might be the next upgrade later.

Beyond that I'm still enjoying the bike, Oh I also ordered the front indicator lights...

EDIT: Also, had my first night ride last night... didn't realise the dial was red... pretty funky really :)

Last edited:

Bert-Aus

Check your seat height, it has two settings high and low
if you need an inch of extra flat foot it may help?

Eonsu

I will check that, I thought that it would have been set to low by default...

I did get my flush lights, buuut I need to redo the end connector because I don't have the little triple connector on my lights, just two bullet links. Ah well, a little cut and crimp and it will be fine :)

Its been an age since I last modified any vehicle, and Im looking forward to the small things I will do to the Fazer.

latony007

Whelp, I have order t-rex sliders yesterday, now just have to wait for arrival.
I'm looking forward to putting them on :)

When looking at the t-rex site, I saw link lower things... that looked very interesting to me, as I'm on my toes when standing still.
That might be the next upgrade later.

Beyond that I'm still enjoying the bike, Oh I also ordered the front indicator lights...

EDIT: Also, had my first night ride last night... didn't realise the dial was red... pretty funky really :)
i have been interested in a lowering link too but have not pulled the trigger yet. Roaring Toys seems to be the most popular, i have to check the trex one, i would have to have it installed though so its about 200 total. Some people complained it affects handlign but the ones who have had it done have not complained and i doubt i ride near hard enough to worry about it.

Eonsu

Whelp, I went and checked my seat height at lunch, sadly its already in the low position... wait a sec, not sad at all, means more fun modding :D

Not sure if I would install lowering links myself or get someone else to do them.
I would also lower the front forks too, to try and keep the current ride angle.

Just more fun for later.

The main mod I want to do next is headlights, I love the halo & projector HID lights shown on the forums. Just need to find something like that in oz.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eonsu

I have seen the images of those headlights and they look very good.
Sadly I cannot have downtime with my bike as it is my main rider.
One thought I had was I just buy another headlight unit and have it shipped to them later :) but it will have to wait a little while, need to save the pennies again as i spent them all :p

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member