Greetings from the West

latony007

as i do not know that much about the engine of this bike i was worried at first about the engine falling out. but i came to realize that if the engine was only held in with 4 bolts... there are far large issues than me stripping a few holes.
The bolts themselves haven't moved at all, plus the other bolts holding the slider plate down are perfectly fine. so i have been riding it...
though very very carefully :D
I have never done such slow and smooth take offs and decelerations than these last few days because of my paranoia about the bike... plus it being so new i haven't cracked 500 klms.

the guy that i am taking it too said that it should be ok to ride if im not trying to race it. the only thing he was really worried about was warping the frame under lots of stress..
but as she is a daily commuting bike, thats not going to happen. i really dont like lane splitting so i sit in traffic like the rest of the world.

i used to do my own servicing on my old mitsi vr4. that had tough nuts to crack, i never stripped a bolt hole but my knuckles surely had seen better days.
Id still locktite the bolts in but sounds like you should be good.

latony007

Bert-Aus

you ever get down the street yet? I see another report of more snow in the NE, that include you?
I seem to remember this guy is a West Australian, I'm pretty sure they dont get snow

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

I seem to remember this guy is a West Australian, I'm pretty sure they dont get snow

lol no pretty sure they don't, but was quoting scott who lives in PA, and they get lots and lots lol.

Bert-Aus

My bad, sorry

latony007

My bad, sorry

lol no worries, i probably shouldnt have just stuck it in the middle of a thread.

Eonsu

HAH, what the hell is snow???
what does that look like...
now heat, i can tell you about heat, and rain, and then sometimes heat and rain at the same time...
:p

sadly it does not get cold enough here for true snow. which is not necessarily a bad thing. if it ever did snow here, i would not go out at all.
not because of the snow directly, but no driver in perth would have a clue what to do :D
its bad here enough without adding a slippery surface to the mix.

Eonsu

Just a quick update. I am a tool.
The lee was only three rings of thread damaged. The bolt was not long enough to make it fit properly. The guys at the Yamaha store were great :) cost me 200 to get it sorted. But as I am an idiot I like to call it me stupid tax :D
So the bike is fine and I am happy. Thanks to all who spoke with me about this. I now know for next time :)

Have a safe and happy weekend all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eonsu

Well the bike is still going great :)
Have it booked I for my 1000 klms service next Saturday. Sadly I have already done 1175 klms. Thankfully there won't be much riding between now and then.

Need to get myself a cheap soldering iron to tidy up the connectors on the indicator lights. Need to make it all beat and such.

But thankfully all going well.
I also ordered one of those funky halo lights. Should be interesting to see it when it comes :)

Anyway have a great and safe Easter weekend all.

Eonsu

Well I hope that you all have had a great holidays.
Got the first 1000 klms service done and all is well. :) beyond that there isn't much more to say at the moment. Just waiting for that funky halo light to come out and also for a restock of the motodynamic rear tail light.

Stay safe out there.

latony007

Well I hope that you all have had a great holidays.
Got the first 1000 klms service done and all is well. :) beyond that there isn't much more to say at the moment. Just waiting for that funky halo light to come out and also for a restock of the motodynamic rear tail light.

Stay safe out there.

Glad its going well, enjoy it.