Greetings from the West

latony007

chad will sell you the whole projector kit if your up to doing it yourself. The only time I have seen the HID was during day and it was not nearly as visable as I thought it would be. I bet its nice at night though.

Eonsu

I think that even if I ordered the kit to do it myself, I probably would order a second headlight for fear of #@$*&^$ it up...

But first I need to save the pennies :D

well my t-rex's have gone through.. tx, oh, ky, tn, and ak.
Heck, I haven't traveled that much on holidays :rolleyes:

nothing more to report other than I finally found my bike cover. so on that goes at night, stupid morning dew....

Eonsu

I had my led indicator strips arrive yesterday, :)
They are pretty funky, looking forward to putting them on.
I probably wont do the indicator flush and light strips till I have the frame sliders, so that I only have to remove the fairings once.
Fingers crossed the sliders come in today. They say they are in the same city, according to the item tracker... so lets hope there will be a nice package waiting for me at home. :)

Eonsu

Presents!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eonsu

Some days its just not worth it. Bought a new torque wrench just for fitting the sliders. I had it set low and still managed to over torque two of the effing bolts, one on each side.
So eff the stupid thing.
Makes me feel like such an idiot that I just don't want the stupid bike anymore. I know it's my own damn fault. But still.

Here are some pics.

See you later.

[
IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/23/7enyhaqu.jpg[/IMG]

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eonsu

im not sure what to do next.
do i take it to a shop and have helicoils put in, do i just leave it... have i just screwed the bike so badly its more useful as a paper weight.

none of the bolts will turn unless you use a wrench on them so i dont think they will fall out. though i am not a mechanic and so am not sure about that.
is it safe to ride...

if i could swear in this forum, im sorry to say that every secnod word would be as such.

i am veyr angry right now, i was going to go for a ride, but after this... debarcle, i would most likley bin it somewhere from lack of concerntration.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eonsu

i dont honestly know if its the bolts or the block.
but i think it will be the block as the bolts are the ones that come wth the frame slider kit, and i dont think they where aluminum.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eonsu

It's the block that is broken.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eonsu

That is thread on the bolt. The bolt is sadly perfectly fine. (Expletive deleted many times)

I have not even done 400 klms on it yet. I will ask the shop if they ca n put in helicoils when i take it in for its 1000 klms service.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eonsu

if i did my calcs correct, and using the instructions provided. the wrench could not do the ammount required anyway.
it said about 30 footpounds on the instructions, the wrench i bought does not even go that high.

but what happened was that i didnt listen to the wrench. it was a different type than what i had used before. so when it clicked, i should have stopped. but i didnt realise it clicked...

so it was my fault in the end for not understanding.

it has just ruined my enjoyment... i had even put in new indicators too...

as they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

anyway, thanks for the talk, i will just ride it like normal and pray for the best till i get it to the shop.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eonsu

Well I spoke to four different Yamaha shops. One didn't want to quote over the phone. I asked for a very rough quote and not holding them to it. One said 1000-1500 to fix. One said 250-300 and the last said about 500
of course all depending on what is required. They all said it was really time dependent. Hopefully they can lower the engine a few
Inches to access the bolt holes. Which is relatively quick instead of removing the engine.
So it's booked in for Saturday for a check first to see what the damage is.

Wish me luck.

latony007

i am so un mechanical that it seems every time i try to do something on the bike something happens that makes me start swearing up and down like you and promising myself i will never work on it again. Happened on all the lighting and last time was changing the oil on my cruiser, i mean how hard can that be right? 1 filter that would not come off and 3 hours later i finally completed it and swore again i would never touch either of my bikes. now i just ordered K&N oil filter (which i will only use from now on because of their welded nut) and oil for the FZ. i think i am just dying for some more frustration and punishment. Anyway i hope your problem doesnt turn out to be that bad, it does seem to me that you should be able to get the holes re-tapped if necessary without removing the engine? if it was 500 or more id say F it, there are about 10 bolts holding it in if i remember right. Id get some red locktight and just put the bolts back in see how that goes.

Eonsu

as i do not know that much about the engine of this bike i was worried at first about the engine falling out. but i came to realize that if the engine was only held in with 4 bolts... there are far large issues than me stripping a few holes.
The bolts themselves haven't moved at all, plus the other bolts holding the slider plate down are perfectly fine. so i have been riding it...
though very very carefully :D
I have never done such slow and smooth take offs and decelerations than these last few days because of my paranoia about the bike... plus it being so new i haven't cracked 500 klms.

the guy that i am taking it too said that it should be ok to ride if im not trying to race it. the only thing he was really worried about was warping the frame under lots of stress..
but as she is a daily commuting bike, thats not going to happen. i really dont like lane splitting so i sit in traffic like the rest of the world.

i used to do my own servicing on my old mitsi vr4. that had tough nuts to crack, i never stripped a bolt hole but my knuckles surely had seen better days.