GIVI Luggage

CtrlAltDl

You got junk in the trunk!

I was wondering if you could fit two helmets in there.

ajskillz13

Yep! Takes a little creativity, but it works! Like I said, though, if you have two Bell Vortex helmets, it's a no-go. For some reason the shell on my Medium is HUGE! My wife's Scorpion EXO700 is a narrow shell, so it fits nicely.

OffTheClock

Yep! Takes a little creativity, but it works! Like I said, though, if you have two Bell Vortex helmets, it's a no-go. For some reason the shell on my Medium is HUGE! My wife's Scorpion EXO700 is a narrow shell, so it fits nicely.
I am looking at taking the plunge and ordering luggage today. I am curious though to your opinion now that you have had them on for a while: - I am thinking of starting off with the side cases and if necessary adding the trunk. My reasoning is naturally the cost of doing all at once and perhaps there is enough space with just the side cases. What is your thought and if you were to choose either side cases or trunk which would you do first and why? Sorry for the long winded question, just want to get as much feedback as I can before splurging out this type of cash

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

AngryAnt

Good? Do larger helmets for in side cases at all?
I want and comp. acc. Has a sale right now. I think realistically it is 1/2 now rest later at best due to cost.
Thinking of using givi top case then using my soft saddle for time being. Or givi side and strap my sport tailbag on.

On a side note: does anyone with these Givi bags NOT have a garage and have to keep bike outside? What cover do you use to cover the whole bike?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.
What site has a sale and do you have a link? Or did I misunderstand? I want to buy givi's by Christmas, but if I catch a sale I'm not beyond ordering them early.

I too would be curious if my bell vortex (large) would fit in the side bag.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

OffTheClock

Well I decided to order the Givi V46 Monokey Top Case and the FZ364 mounting rack today. After reading many threads it appears that this is the most practical solution and provides very little drag. Once I get it and install it I will post some pics. Look forward to using it...

Sparkxx1

Well I decided to order the Givi V46 Monokey Top Case and the FZ364 mounting rack today. After reading many threads it appears that this is the most practical solution and provides very little drag. Once I get it and install it I will post some pics. Look forward to using it...

Good luck and have fun the install should take only 20 minutes and I barely feel the weight/drag of the case! Plus my girlfriend loves it because she can lean back a little, and I can relax and not thing she's going to fly off the back.

It also doesnt affect lane splitting so :D

OffTheClock

Good luck and have fun the install should take only 20 minutes and I barely feel the weight/drag of the case! Plus my girlfriend loves it because she can lean back a little, and I can relax and not thing she's going to fly off the back.

It also doesnt affect lane splitting so :D
I have a quick question, did you buy the side cases as well or just the topcase? and....do you have any pics of it on your ride?

ajskillz13

I am looking at taking the plunge and ordering luggage today. I am curious though to your opinion now that you have had them on for a while: - I am thinking of starting off with the side cases and if necessary adding the trunk. My reasoning is naturally the cost of doing all at once and perhaps there is enough space with just the side cases. What is your thought and if you were to choose either side cases or trunk which would you do first and why? Sorry for the long winded question, just want to get as much feedback as I can before splurging out this type of cash
I'd absolutely start with the trunk. It's more useful, has less aero drag, and looks better IMO. The side cases are good for jackets, pants and miscellaneous items, but only fit very small shelled helmets. I believe the trunk will hold most helmets. It holds mine and my wife's, albeit snugly.

If you're doing it all eventually, start with the trunk. If you're wanting the flexibility to remove the racks and keep the full sport look at times, just the side cases are the answer. The side racks come off quickly. The trunk rack takes some time and effort.

My side cases only go on when I need them. Trunk is staying on unless I absolutely DON'T need it.

ajskillz13

ajskillz13

I have a quick question, did you buy the side cases as well or just the topcase? and....do you have any pics of it on your ride?
I have pics on page 4 of this thread on my white bike like yours.

OffTheClock

I have pics on page 4 of this thread on my white bike like yours.
Thanks for the advise, much appreciated. I am not sure if i will do the V35's, once I get my V46 and install it i will see from there. I commute around 112 miles a day and really think that this will eliminate me carrying a backpack and ofcourse not give any drag and add any width for lane splitting.
Your pictures look great, not sure if just the topcase will look a little strange but am sure one gets used to it. Besides i could always unclip the case although i guess that defeats the object....lol.

ajskillz13

Your pictures look great, not sure if just the topcase will look a little strange but am sure one gets used to it. Besides i could always unclip the case although i guess that defeats the object....lol.
I think it looks great alone. I have heard comments from non-riders about it looking a bit out of place, but I think it flows perfectly. Maybe it's just the utility of it that makes me appreciate it so much!

ajskillz13

Here's a pic of the V46 by itself. You be the judge. I don't care what anyone says, I like it!

OffTheClock

Here's a pic of the V46 by itself. You be the judge. I don't care what anyone says, I like it!
Looks GREAT! I cant wait for mine to arrive. It looks like you have taken off the tubes for your side cases? Out of curiosity, did you get the brake light for the topcase?

PS. Thanks for posting that picture

ajskillz13

Looks GREAT! I cant wait for mine to arrive. It looks like you have taken off the tubes for your side cases? Out of curiosity, did you get the brake light for the topcase?

PS. Thanks for posting that picture
No problem! Yes, I took the quick release racks off. It's very quick.

I haven't bought the brake light kit yet, but I will! Might be a nice project this winter! I did put on the backrest, which I would suggest if you have a regular passenger. Leave it off if you never haul anyone. You lose the ability to set the case down like a suitcase/briefcase with the pad on.

OffTheClock

No problem! Yes, I took the quick release racks off. It's very quick.

I haven't bought the brake light kit yet, but I will! Might be a nice project this winter! I did put on the backrest, which I would suggest if you have a regular passenger. Leave it off if you never haul anyone. You lose the ability to set the case down like a suitcase/briefcase with the pad on.
I finally received my V46 and accessories! I ordered the break light kit, and backrest. Havent had a chance to install it yet but hope to during the course of this week. Will post some pictures when done. Thanks again for the advise and input :D

Sparkxx1

Well I'm late but I didn't do the sidecases no need for that much room...yet. plus i think it would affect lane splitting (in nyc) at that point.

Thanks for the advise, much appreciated. I am not sure if i will do the V35's, once I get my V46 and install it i will see from there. I commute around 112 miles a day and really think that this will eliminate me carrying a backpack and ofcourse not give any drag and add any width for lane splitting.
you're going to notice a world of difference. You'll be alot less tired at the end of the ride.. After a 8 mile commute(one way) 4 hours of classes, and anotther commute home, I was ready to knock out. Although my pack was really heavy going at abbout 15- almost 20 lbs. Physics textbook suck at being small T.T...But it's worth it.

I finally received my V46 and accessories! I ordered the break light kit, and backrest. Havent had a chance to install it yet but hope to during the course of this week. Will post some pictures when done. Thanks again for the advise and input :D
I'm getting the backrest next :)

They flow perfectly, but they would not, NOT, be good for lane slitting!
Side cases wouldn't be good, the top case doesn't affect lane splitting much. I can't say at all. I say much because of the situation im about to describe. Two lanes and im between the right lane and the shoulder. No more room so I cut across the right lane and try to go between the lanes. I didnt give myself enough room to make the sharp right so I hit the topcase against the semitrucks metal railing thing. Other than that I haven't noticed any different going in between lanes in a straight line. The case isn't really wider than the mirrors.

Last edited: