GIVI Luggage

ajskillz13

Does anyone have a good connection with a GIVI dealer? I'm looking to get a set of the V35 bags with the GIVI mounts.

The best deal I've found is on sporttour.com. I can get the side cases with rack and liner bags for $767 with free shipping.

Just wondering if anyone has found a better deal out there. :surrender::thumbup:

Thanks!

Last edited:

ajskillz13

Thanks, but that's without the liners. They are the same price as the other site but plus $45 shipping. That is the only other site I've found everything this cheap.

Jay S.

Thanks, but that's without the liners. They are the same price as the other site but plus $45 shipping. That is the only other site I've found everything this cheap.
Have you found any better deals yet? I was just about to order mine from TW only to find out that any color other than flat black costs more. For the gloss black there is a $58 increase, plus another $70 for the liners. Holy crap!!! I need to shop around some more, which is sad because TW has always been very good to me. Ugh.

Please let me know if you find a better deal.

ajskillz13

sporttour.com is the best deal... Same price with no shipping. Unfortunately, I think I need to put some other things first in the finance department, but I can't see my bike without these bags next year!

Jay S.

sporttour.com is the best deal... Same price with no shipping. Unfortunately, I think I need to put some other things first in the finance department, but I can't see my bike without these bags next year!
I'll keep shopping around for a few more weeks. I don't need them until October/November so I have plenty of time. But I'd like to order them as soon as possible. I'll let you know if I find anything better than sporttour.com.

tnd2

I'll keep shopping around for a few more weeks. I don't need them until October/November so I have plenty of time. But I'd like to order them as soon as possible. I'll let you know if I find anything better than sporttour.com.
Got my set at sporttour, about 2 months ago, for the same price as listed now. Unless you find used, it seems to be hard to beat their price with the free shipping figured in.
Quit waiting, if this helps any, our last trip called for a chance of shower, we hit driving rain, the bags kept my gear dry. A center stand will make loading the left bag easier(excuse for another mod)...

Jay S.

Got my set at sporttour, about 2 months ago, for the same price as listed now. Unless you find used, it seems to be hard to beat their price with the free shipping figured in.
Quit waiting, if this helps any, our last trip called for a chance of shower, we hit driving rain, the bags kept my gear dry. A center stand will make loading the left bag easier(excuse for another mod)...
I'm only waiting because I'm out of the country for another 4 months. Otherwise I wouldn't have that kind of patience.

:)

(already have the center stand...worth every penny)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Jay S.

Agreed Marthy, those things are not cheap! I just looked at the E55NT and I agree, that is a nice looking case. I'm just looking at side cases for now. I like the V35's. With racks it's going to be around $700...yikes. I don't have the manufacturing skills that you have to make my own racks.

:eek:

But like you, I lean more toward the touring side of the Fizzer so I knew that I'd be spending the money for them when I bought the bike. By Christmas I'll have a full-blown mid-sized sport tourer. We will see how next summer's trips go and then decide on the topcase.

:cool:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I order the material already... It should look very close to the SW-Motec. I'm not spending freaking $200 on 2 round tube, a flat plate and an adaptor! My order was $80.00 and I have material in spare... not enough to build 2, but still... enough to build the rear rack and side support for the bags. I will make sure I can upgrade my rack for the side case later on...
would you consider making a duplicate :surrender: im in the same boat...$200 for a damn rack, they are out of their minds.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

AFDavis11

Sounds like a pain. The V35s come off easy. Not sure if you would really want liners. The hard bags drop off in less than 1/2 a sec.

AngryAnt

Sounds like a pain. The V35s come off easy. Not sure if you would really want liners. The hard bags drop off in less than 1/2 a sec.
I've never actually seen a set of these in person. I'm considering saving up towards getting a set over my softbags because I carry a good bit of expensive electronics around with me.

Are they reasonably difficult to take off or break into if I left something in them in a parking lot?

Also, are they not water-tight by default, is that the purpose of the liners?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

tnd2

I've never actually seen a set of these in person. I'm considering saving up towards getting a set over my softbags because I carry a good bit of expensive electronics around with me.

Are they reasonably difficult to take off or break into if I left something in them in a parking lot?

Also, are they not water-tight by default, is that the purpose of the liners?
Ive only been in one rain storm so far, blasting down I95 and my v35's stayed dry. Liners arnt necessary, but I find it easier just to pack the liners(mine are from a different bag but fit close enough) and throw them in the Givi's when I get there I just pull the liners. But I always leave the Givi's on the bike so id rather not drag the Givis in the hotel dump them, then take them back out to the bike.

AFDavis11

They are water resistant and nearly bullet proof, but of course I'm certain anyone could break into them if they desired.

There is a simple, single button that you depress and the entire bag is removed. You may still want liners, but I would like to simply put forward that as soon as I saw how easily they were removed I realized I wouldn't want/need liners.

I don't particularly want them sitting out on the bike all night either. Even a good lap top now a days costs LESS than the bags.

AngryAnt

Really? No lock/key mechanism for removing them from the bike at all? That makes me a bit more leery :/

AFDavis11

No, there is a lock and you get 4 keys, all identical. You must use the key, to lock and unlock. Depress either the open button or the remove button. they come off almost as easily as opening, but you must always use the key.