FZ6R - How to install HID Headlights

JSP

Super Moderator
35w is going to be plenty of light as it is. The bulbs for HIDs produce a lot more light at 35w than your typical halogen so yeah, 35w is plenty. 55w is kind of overkill for most situations, though nice at times.

I want to redo my ninja 1k with dual 35w HID seeing as I have a kawi they only like to have one side lit up for low beam so I will have to change things up and make them both hi/low beam setups.

I always thought it was an idiotic thing to have one side light up and the other strictly for high beam but the bike was too nice other wise to pass up on the rest of it... lol.
That's how my R6 was. So many people would tell me I had a headlamp out.. haha. Just rode with my high beams on all the time after that. Unless it was actually dark out, then low beam.

BoneJj

That's how my R6 was. So many people would tell me I had a headlamp out.. haha. Just rode with my high beams on all the time after that. Unless it was actually dark out, then low beam.
During the day I do tend to ride with the high beam on but at night yeah... I have to turn it off.

Though it's so damn awesome that kawi makes the headlight so easily adjustable with a simple knob that can be turned by hand.

I have actually adjusted my low beam so that while it is on a downward angle it's a very small angle so any time I'm hitting the gas it's in people's mirrors and they see me easily. so during the day I don't have to ride ride with the high on as much seeing as it's at that angle that enough light from the low beam is in peoples eyes. Seeing as there is that small area that the light is dimmer at the top edge and that's what is in peoples eyes/mirrors all the time with how I have it set right now.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

BoneJj

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a solid 6. It is more time consuming.

For anyone that is unsure of completing the job themselves, I offer retrofitting services. Check my signature for the link to the thread. Retrofitted projectors are the only way to go. The plug n play HID kits are lame for light projection from a standard halogen housing.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2
and illegal.... also blinding to oncoming traffic.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BoneJj

Blah blah blah.

Id rather blind them so they will notice me then not.
not with HID level light. Never put a non projector HID setup in a reflector housing. Do the retrofit properly and don't be an ass.

Bloke

Blah blah blah.

Id rather blind them so they will notice me then not.
Speaking as a driver who occasionally gets blinded by caring understanding nineties types.

With only your stupid bright light as a reference point as to where the road is, guess what I'd be aiming my 2 tonne of rolling metal at until I think I'm close enough to pass down the side of it?

ArmyFZ6R

Contact Rabbitman:wav:

HClay

Definitely a nice write up, used a few of the tips when I installed my 8K from DDM tuning. Thanks again.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Cain856

So I just got around to "trying" to install my DDM kit today. Turns out the positive wiring to the battery is too short. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do? Go get more wiring or did DDM send me the wrong harness? :mad: