FZ6R - How to install HID Headlights

Kleinfalls

How did you guys install this. I just got mine with the hi/low feature. It was the single headlight that I ordered but the harness they gave me has another plug for another ballast. Did you guys get the same thing? It also has attachments for the negative and positive for the battery and the three prong part for the stock harness.
Yes the Hi/Lo has an extra plug just leave it and bundle it up with the extra wiring

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Chas3r

Dash pop in screws

I have been able to remove all of the plastics up to the dash and I am having the hardest time getting those plastic screws to pop out. Does anyone have any tips, I can't get any tools in there because of the angle and you only have enough space to feel around and get it with one finger.

MikeN02

I have been able to remove all of the plastics up to the dash and I am having the hardest time getting those plastic screws to pop out. Does anyone have any tips, I can't get any tools in there because of the angle and you only have enough space to feel around and get it with one finger.
Do you mean the black plastic push pin rivets? With those you find something small such as an allen key, push in the middle and get your nail underneath it and lift it up.

To put them back in you push the bottom up so the middle part is out, stick it in the hole and push the middle part back down.

firefighter57

Just finished my HID from Kryptonbulbs.com. They look awesome, it was just a kind of long process trying to install them. The only problem is that I don't see a huge difference between high beams and low beams but then again it isn't adjusted yet and I didn't ride it, just pulled it out side to see if it works.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

SSgtBaarnes

I'm working on this mod now. For the most part it's gone pretty smooth. My issue now is where to run the wiring and I'm running blind since DDM decided not to send any kind of instructions with their product. Looking forward to the finished product, but this has turned much more difficult than I had originally thought.
:mad:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

SSgtBaarnes

Got the wiring through, but still too short. Already been to the bike shop and got some more cable. Re-run the cable, and now the bulb isn't firing. :mad: I'm about to bench this project for the day before start throwing tools - lol I am about to also call DDM and light them up over not including any kind of wiring diagram / instructions with this project.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

SSgtBaarnes

Haha! Thanks. I may order from them at another time, if I can't get it to work tomorrow, I'll go back to stock and wait before attempting this again. It's about pushed all my tolerance buttons for the day / week. Thanks though! :D

Skirat

I got everything apart, tested the electronics before assembling everything and it all works great. The only problem I'm having is trying to figure out where/how to cut the rubber boot that goes over the new bulb. With the casing and parts connected to the new bulb there is no way to stretch it over the front ot the back of the HID bulb assembly. Anyone have a pic or able to explain how they cut theirs? I'm not sure how important it is but since it is to keep moisture out of the headlight I really want to do it right the first time.

cavcuz05

Haha! Thanks. I may order from them at another time, if I can't get it to work tomorrow, I'll go back to stock and wait before attempting this again. It's about pushed all my tolerance buttons for the day / week. Thanks though! :D

i would say have a prof do your retro fit then cause it will frustrate you 2x as much lol

cavcuz05

I got everything apart, tested the electronics before assembling everything and it all works great. The only problem I'm having is trying to figure out where/how to cut the rubber boot that goes over the new bulb. With the casing and parts connected to the new bulb there is no way to stretch it over the front ot the back of the HID bulb assembly. Anyone have a pic or able to explain how they cut theirs? I'm not sure how important it is but since it is to keep moisture out of the headlight I really want to do it right the first time.

Skirat

Thanks for the pic, just what I needed!

applejax

My kit didnt come with a power relay, but was upgraded to a plug-n-play harness.

So, my question is, how crucial is that power relay?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

mjesenovec

Can these bikes run 55w HIDs?
That's a good question. Power wise, yes. The only issue people ever have with 55W kits is heat. That's why they dont recommend 55W kits for foglights on cars and such, because the housing is so much smaller. I would think a 55w would work fine heat-wise in a bike headlight, but I have always used 35W kits, even in my cars, so that's what I will stick with.