FZ6R - How to install HID Headlights

JonKerr

Elite Member

Kleinfalls

How do you get the plastic quick connects undone up in the mirror area to get the dash off - holy cannoli!!!!

MikeN02

I had a hard time with those too the first time I did it. What you do is get something small and poke the circle in the middle and use a nail or something to get it off.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Kleinfalls

Thanks guys - so far I have the FE, the integrated tail light, the blue led license plate lights, and k&n filter installed so far

still have the HiD kit, the electropods to install

the flush mounts for the front didn't fit - so going to see if i can find some tomorrow at cycle gear - also while I have everything apart - need to look for mirrors

had to use some muscle to get the k&n filter to fit - the tabs on it are a littel too narrow - super tight fit

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

porky45

So will I!

porky45

hey guys, this is all i received in the box? Am I missing something? I have the bike taken apart. I have redand black little plug plugged in, the 3 prong "wall socket" plugged in and possitive and negative, am I missing something?

Attachments

Last edited:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

porky45

thanks for the reply, I knew something was missing! ef me... i'll be making a call to ddm tomorrow.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MikeN02

hey guys, this is all i received in the box? Am I missing something? I have the bike taken apart. I have redand black little plug plugged in, the 3 prong "wall socket" plugged in and possitive and negative, am I missing something?
Yeah, he's right you're missing the other box. Did you order the DDM 35W & 55W Single Hi/Lo Motorcycle HID Kit?

porky45

If you live anywhere near JonKerr, I think he said DDM was like right up the road from him, maybe you could just drive there and pick one up?
ya, they're about 40 minutes away from where i'm at. I called and left a message and sent an email. I thought I was missing something before I started taking my bike apart but I figured I would try anyways... doh!

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

porky45

I haven't had a chance to take it for a ride yet, I think it looks sweet just sitting there though!

Install was fairly simple thanks to your guide. Putting the plastics back on sucks after my accident. Took a little time putting them back on. Mounted everything with industrial strength velcro. It's stuck like a champ! I did go buy some E6000 just incase.
did you get the 35w or 55w light?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

porky45

phew! ok, thank you. I thought that's what I had read previously, but was having second thoughts. the controller is backordered until the end of this week. Looks like a job for the following weekend. O well.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member