Demo ride FZ6R and FZ-07

latony007

Yes, being upright is more comfortable. I am NOT denying that. But being upright makes canyon carving much more physically demanding. If you ride a lot on freeways and in straight lines. The FZ6R is near perfect sportbike (just needs another 20 hp to be perfect). If you ride in canyons or on curvy roads then a supersport is better. Different bikes/tools for different applications.
I havent ridden one to compare but i think your logic sounds good. however i think at the speeds im running the canyons, not rocket fast but certainly not slow, its probably not enough to notice a big difference. To bad they dont have any demo rides at the foot of the Angeles Crest highway that would be awesome.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

pkoko

I havent ridden one to compare but i think your logic sounds good. however i think at the speeds im running the canyons, not rocket fast but certainly not slow, its probably not enough to notice a big difference. To bad they dont have any demo rides at the foot of the Angeles Crest highway that would be awesome.
Try to find a local ride club and see if anyone would trade bikes for few miles. Most riders are very nice and friendly toward other riders.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Well, we all like sportbikes on here and the FZ6R is definitely a sportbike, I loved mine while I had it and I was primarily interested in twisties and it worked pretty dang good for that. I moved on to a Gixxer because life only happens once and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I agree with pkoko that the ergos on a SS does help you move your body low and to the inside to improve traction when cornering aggressively, however discomfort definitely starts to creep in after about 3hrs of riding and just gets worse until you wrap up your day.

Latony, I think you should consider getting a SS at some point, not just try one, but buy one - I mean why not? Run it for awhile and find out for yourself, the pleasure and the pain. I kinda feel like owning a SS at some point as a sport-biker is kinda obligatory, I will likely come full circle and return to a more upright bike once the pain starts to outweigh the pleasure. For now I am still in my sadist stage doing 5hr rides on a SS, but the writing is on the wall, I will hold out as long as I can but I will eventually move to something like a Ninja 1000 or Multistrada.

Qrider682

Update #3

Bike is home!!!! Put 96 miles on it today. I try to baby it but I couldn't resist, hit 8k-9k rpm a few time :D. So easy to ride compare to my little Honda. There's enough power down low so I don't have to shift gears all the time. Love the bike overall. Have to get use to the extra 100lbs. I have to pay more attention when coming to a stop or sudden stop. The bike is a little top heavy. I am only 5'6 135lbs. This bike have heated seat. I didnt know that ;). During traffic jam or slow local streets, I can feel the heat between my legs and butt. While waiting for the traffic lights, sometimes I can feel the heat coming up to my chin. Today is 84F in NY so it's kinda toasty. I am sure I wont mind the heat come cooler weather. Here is the mandatory pics.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member