Demo ride FZ6R and FZ-07

latony007

Supersports are great on the streat too, don't listen to the hater Tony.
Dont listen to Nismos he is still trying to Justify his GSXR purchase even though he knows its not nearly as comfortable as the 6R for anything over 20 minutes :)

id go with the 6r for the same reason. if they want me to buy the Honda they will let me ride it first. 2K is a lot of difference $ wise. Either one you get first and best mod i have done was the seat.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

Lol. Go ride a GSXR already!!
LOL Dude i tried really hard. Got down to the demo ride as they opened at 9 and the 750 and 1k were already taken until 1pm. I did not want to sit around for 4 hours waiting so i wound up on the m109R. The motorcycle show is coming up in November so im making the fz01 and the gsxr my two top priorities. I felt uncomfortable just sitting on it in the lot for a few minutes lol but i still want to ride it bad. its an awesome machine no doubt. if they made it upright id be all over it :) guess im just an old wuss lol

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

Haha it just takes a little getting used to, once you get used to it, sitting on an FZ6R/650R/SV650 feels WEIRD!

They're making a GSR1000 ;)
These euro only or something, dont recall hearing of a GSR750 but they make it sound like its out already. the article i pulled up was a naked look similar to the fz-09 or s triple but when i click images on google is shows a fully faired bike. I am hoping that new fj09 hits us with full fairing and touring options.

Qrider682

Just to give everyone an update. I just came back from the dealership. I talked down to $6600 OTD + a tank protector freebie. I live in NYC, so I can't get some of the deals you guys are getting. I jumped on this deal. I will be picking it up this Saturday. So excited!!!! can't wait till work is done!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

P.s. I choose the 2013 blue/white version. I like the White/red frame version very much too. My car is white and my current bike is white as well...so I am kinda want a different color.

latony007

Just to give everyone an update. I just came back from the dealership. I talked down to $6600 OTD + a tank protector freebie. I live in NYC, so I can't get some of the deals you guys are getting. I jumped on this deal. I will be picking it up this Saturday. So excited!!!! can't wait till work is done!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

P.s. I choose the 2013 blue/white version. I like the White/red frame version very much too. My car is white and my current bike is white as well...so I am kinda want a different color.
thats a good deal in any state on a new bike and a fantastic one for NYC. Congrats and enjoy. i have the white but would have gotten the blue if they had it in 2012. Let the Mods begin!

Qrider682

thats a good deal in any state on a new bike and a fantastic one for NYC. Congrats and enjoy. i have the white but would have gotten the blue if they had it in 2012. Let the Mods begin!

Thanks man! I don't have much spare money for a while. I do want a frame slider. This bike is more top heavy than my little thumper. Which frame slider is the "best" currently? That's all the mod money I have for a while.

latony007

Thanks man! I don't have much spare money for a while. I do want a frame slider. This bike is more top heavy than my little thumper. Which frame slider is the "best" currently? That's all the mod money I have for a while.
its better to get them now, when its new is the most likely time for you to drop it. I think you will find the consensus is shogun sliders. They have cut and no cut, i dont want to cut so i did the no cut. I have t-rex which i think look a lot better than shogun but some people have been having a problem with them sending the right bolt or bracket for this particular bike. I had no problems and they were on in 10 minutes. When you save up my first recommendation would be the seat followed by the front turn signals. Everyone, including me, hates the mirrors but everything i tried reduced vis so i stuck with the stock ones. The rear fender is also something most get rid of but if you ride in the rain keep it.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

pkoko

Dont listen to Nismos he is still trying to Justify his GSXR purchase even though he knows its not nearly as comfortable as the 6R for anything over 20 minutes :)
I also made the switch to GSXR. A supersport is comfortable if you are fit person. You need good core muscles and you will be fine. I can ride mine for 2 hours and not feel fatigued. I just feel thirsty/hungry/headache from the wind etc. But not uncomfortable.

But you will certainly feel tired mentally if you ride any bike aggressively in canyons and turns. Mental fatigue is a lot worse than physical fatigue.

Qrider682

its better to get them now, when its new is the most likely time for you to drop it. I think you will find the consensus is shogun sliders. They have cut and no cut, i dont want to cut so i did the no cut. I have t-rex which i think look a lot better than shogun but some people have been having a problem with them sending the right bolt or bracket for this particular bike. I had no problems and they were on in 10 minutes. When you save up my first recommendation would be the seat followed by the front turn signals. Everyone, including me, hates the mirrors but everything i tried reduced vis so i stuck with the stock ones. The rear fender is also something most get rid of but if you ride in the rain keep it.
Ok, Shogun slider ordered. This bike is 100lbs heavier than my current bike. I am afraid I will drop it in a parking lot or something. Better safe than sorry right? Can you give me a link to a better seat or what kind of front turn signal you are talking about? I won't have money to buy it now but I want to bookmark it for the future. Thanksss

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

FastFreddy

Ok, Shogun slider ordered. This bike is 100lbs heavier than my current bike. I am afraid I will drop it in a parking lot or something. Better safe than sorry right? Can you give me a link to a better seat or what kind of front turn signal you are talking about? I won't have money to buy it now but I want to bookmark it for the future. Thanksss
Be careful with the front brake when doing slow manoeuvres.

latony007

I also made the switch to GSXR. A supersport is comfortable if you are fit person. You need good core muscles and you will be fine. I can ride mine for 2 hours and not feel fatigued. I just feel thirsty/hungry/headache from the wind etc. But not uncomfortable.

But you will certainly feel tired mentally if you ride any bike aggressively in canyons and turns. Mental fatigue is a lot worse than physical fatigue.
Agreed on the mental vs physical. And agreed better shape equals a better ride on supersport. However you can admit that an upright FZ6R is more comfortable and good for more than 2 hours before you start to get pains (if you dont have the stock seat :).

i agree money well spent and as someone else said its mostly for dropping in a parking lot or garage. My bike before this weighed like 100 less so it took me some getting used to at low speeds and stops and backing up but now i dont really even notice it. Use the search feature and search Dirt Road Custom for the seats and if you search turn signals that should bring up about 1000 threads lol.

Talking about FZ07, getting one on Thursday... loaner bike. Getting a Marthy treatment and tune. Can't wait to ride it and give my honest opinion.
Good luck Marty interested in your opinion since you have owned both the 6r and 09

latony007

I need to start test riding stuff but to much going on with the fam and women ect. December / January ill start to do so
JT man you have to hit up the show in November. Most the major makes are there, its two days, its close and i should be there! unless my nephew flakes and i can't get anyone to go. I really want to ride either the fz1, fjr1300, gsxr anything and the sport model spyder.

pkoko

Agreed on the mental vs physical. And agreed better shape equals a better ride on supersport. However you can admit that an upright FZ6R is more comfortable and good for more than 2 hours before you start to get pains (if you dont have the stock seat :).
Yes, being upright is more comfortable. I am NOT denying that. But being upright makes canyon carving much more physically demanding. If you ride a lot on freeways and in straight lines. The FZ6R is near perfect sportbike (just needs another 20 hp to be perfect). If you ride in canyons or on curvy roads then a supersport is better. Different bikes/tools for different applications.