Another mirror mod.

stevet

When it comes to anything that compromises safety for questionable looks I'll take the safety every time. Our stock mirrors may look odd to some (too me they look fine) but they are effective because the engineers designed them to stick out so you could see. Even with the stock ones I felt adding little rectangular fish eyes from Pep Boys gave me even more vision behind me. The better we can see cars behind us the safer we are. Cagers all to often seem unaware of bikes around them. When ever there's a confrontation between the two the bike rider looses.

danieljardim

When it comes to anything that compromises safety for questionable looks I'll take the safety every time. Our stock mirrors may look odd to some (too me they look fine) but they are effective because the engineers designed them to stick out so you could see. Even with the stock ones I felt adding little rectangular fish eyes from Pep Boys gave me even more vision behind me. The better we can see cars behind us the safer we are. Cagers all to often seem unaware of bikes around them. When ever there's a confrontation between the two the bike rider looses.
That's my problem. I can't see nothing out of mi stock mirrors. Only shoulders.:(

Bloke

You may want to adjust them. ;)

Mine when adjusted give me a view that is 60% elbow however a quick chicken dance and i've got an excellent view. The vibration damping mounts are excellent too, compared to the gs500e I've ridden which was like trying to see a reflection in a puddle in a rainstorm when at 60 mph.

Our mirrors are pretty damn awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

danieljardim

You may want to adjust them. ;)

Mine when adjusted give me a view that is 60% elbow however a quick chicken dance and i've got an excellent view. The vibration damping mounts are excellent too, compared to the gs500e I've ridden which was like trying to see a reflection in a puddle in a rainstorm when at 60 mph.

Our mirrors are pretty damn awesome.

I can see clearly when i do the "chicken dance". But I'm so used to ride my brother in law honda magna with open wide mirrors that you see everything behind you (even my but crack sticking out of my pants), that I can't get confortable riding without knowing who is behind me.

MustGoFaster

I'd defintely tend to agree. While the mirrors look so-so, I've actually been able to adjust the right mirror to see directly *behind* me. (Don't know how. I haven't dropped the bike, so I know it's not bent, lol.) So yes, the mirrors, eh. Being able to see stuff? Bueno fo sho. XD

Bloke

I can see clearly when i do the "chicken dance". But I'm so used to ride my brother in law honda magna with open wide mirrors that you see everything behind you (even my but crack sticking out of my pants), that I can't get confortable riding without knowing who is behind me.
Fair point. I have the same issue with my hatchback. Used to a wide tall view... Now have a low narrow view. Was difficult to adjust to for a while.

guidobergamo

Let´s go about de Ninja 250R mirrors...
They not fit in our bike. I used the Tomok CNC adapters, but can adapt it to support drilling.
The visibility isn´t the same of the stocks, but is very good. I gave 10 for set, including visibility, design and quality. I believe that the ZX-6R (OEM) 06-08 give better visibility.

Hope this helps!

My english is not good.

:Sport:

danieljardim

They not fit in our bike. I used the Tomok CNC adapters, but can adapt it to support drilling.
The visibility isn´t the same of the stocks, but is very good. I gave 10 for set, including visibility, design and quality. I believe that the ZX-6R (OEM) 06-08 give better visibility.

Hope this helps!

My english is not good.

Where did you get those clip-ons handle bars?

(Onde voce achou essa "clip on handle bar" Tah show. qual o nome dela?)

Wooster

I know this is an old post but I just bought these off Amazon. I hope they friggin fit. They say it fits Kawasaki ZX6R 04-08. Are these the same ZX6R ones everybody else got???

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HM3N46/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details]Amazon.com: Brand New No Cutting No Drilling Black Motorcycle Racing Sporty Rear View Side Mirrors For Kawasaki Ninja 05-08 ZX6R 04-08 ZX10R 04 05 06 07 08 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008: Automotive[/ame]

Last edited:

kvc25

I know this is an old post but I just bought these off Amazon. I hope they friggin fit. They say it fits Kawasaki ZX6R 04-08. Are these the same ZX6R ones everybody else got???

Amazon.com: Brand New No Cutting No Drilling Black Motorcycle Racing Sporty Rear View Side Mirrors For Kawasaki Ninja 05-08 ZX6R 04-08 ZX10R 04 05 06 07 08 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008: Automotive
When you get them, let me know how the mirrors look (whether they give off a true look or a circus funhouse, contorted look). I bought mine from eBay and they have a weird contortion aspect. I've gotten used to them but I'll replace them with these if the mirrors are good.

Wooster

When you get them, let me know how the mirrors look (whether they give off a true look or a circus funhouse, contorted look). I bought mine from eBay and they have a weird contortion aspect. I've gotten used to them but I'll replace them with these if the mirrors are good.
After reading through some of these posts, that is the same thing I'm worried about. I figured for $40 i'd take the chance, but if they look like a funhouse mirror, I might just leave the OEM's on. I'll let you know either way, but it may be a few weeks before I get them. For some stupid reason I'm paying $12 on shipping and it says it may take up to 4 weeks to get them. :mad:

FZ6R_Mike

I paid $15 for my barend mirrors and I couldn't be happier. Im only using one and I can see better than both stock mirrors. Plus it gives the bike a cleaner look IMO

Wooster

I just got mine in the mail today. The mirror part looks fine. It doesn't have that funhouse look or anything. The only thing I was annoyed about is that the black paint is chipped at the base of one of the mirrors. Not a huge issue I guess. I got some black touch up paint that should work. Hopefully I can figure out how to put them on tomorrow.

miketriebsch

I bought mine off of eBay and am not to happy with them. They vibrate, don't look that great, and they won't stay in place. After 100mph there sitting all the way back against the plastics. Grr. I'm tempted to go back to stock. So mike do yours vibrate being that there basically your bar ends?

Wooster

Got around to putting mine on this morning. Only took about 15 minutes and went on with no issues. I like the look much better, but I haven't taken the bike for a ride yet to try them out. Just from sitting on it, it doesn't look the the view is that bad. Here are a few pics

Sorry the pics are sideways. Not sure what happened there

Attachments

bajetzkie

help with mounting?

Hope this helps!

My english is not good.

can you teach us how to mount these beautiful mirrors? I ordered them thinking they were direct fit because of all the hype in the xj6 forums about it. I don't want to return them Im hoping you can show us how to :D