46mpg?

tobymax

Let me guess Milt, you voted for Obama and Feinstien too right? Sorry but I'm with Scott, when gas gets to $10 a gallon then I'll think about "conservation" until then people like you will drive a Prius and people like me will run up on you in the fast lane with brights flashing to pass.
I also have no witty remark of logical statement to make...:) but i voted for this guy
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9jKszduiK8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and i hate people that hog the freaking left lane. I dont care what you drive...move the effin over and let faster traffic, ME, pass.
:cool:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Reaver

Got 800 miles on mine. She's gotten an average of 37 the entire time.

Invader Jim

I will tell you one thing I really hate about people in the northwest that drive hybrid cars is that they believe there shit don't stink and they have the power to slow traffic down in the fast lane.
And people in these parts of the country that drive massive 4 wheel drive pick-up trucks that have never been off pavement, towed anything, or carried any type of load in their bed are all inbred morons that take up too much space on the road and spew nasty exhaust everywhere.

Let's not make sweeping generalizations about people based on the type of car they drive. Sometimes your generalization may be correct and sometimes my generalization may be correct but just as often sweeping generalizations just display our ignorance and intolerance for people who may or may not be like us in one way or another.

JSP

Super Moderator
Let's not make sweeping generalizations about people based on the type of car they drive. Sometimes your generalization may be correct and sometimes my generalization may be correct but just as often sweeping generalizations just display our ignorance and intolerance for people who may or may not be like us in one way or another.

+1.

Lets relax on this stuff guys.

Fizzi6ergal

Wow! I thought I was getting crappy gas mileage at 49mpg. Then I changed my plugs and air filter and now I'm getting better. I'm getting between 50 and 55. But then again. I'm spoiling my bike and putting 92 non-ethanol in her every fill up.

Rich007

And people in these parts of the country that drive massive 4 wheel drive pick-up trucks that have never been off pavement, towed anything, or carried any type of load in their bed are all inbred morons that take up too much space on the road and spew nasty exhaust everywhere.

Where I work, I get the big 4X4 trucks in all that time that want some work done to there big trucks like brakes or tune ups or some other things. When I tell them what it is going to cost they all crap themselves. And they also proceed to tell me how much they pay in fuel. I tell them straight up "I have no sympathy". They think it should cost the same price to take their massive wheels off there trucks as it does a normal car. They paid a massive amount of $$ for that massively lifted truck that they drive on the streets and never off raod. Now god forbid it need wheel bearings? Whaaaaaat?
The best one is , "I bought a diesel truck to get better fuel economy and lifted it too look cool".

Filled up again 2 more times since I first made the post and I am consistently at 46 mpg.

jearnshaw

Where I work, I get the big 4X4 trucks in all that time that want some work done to there big trucks like brakes or tune ups or some other things. When I tell them what it is going to cost they all crap themselves. And they also proceed to tell me how much they pay in fuel. I tell them straight up "I have no sympathy". They think it should cost the same price to take their massive wheels off there trucks as it does a normal car. They paid a massive amount of $$ for that massively lifted truck that they drive on the streets and never off raod. Now god forbid it need wheel bearings? Whaaaaaat?
The best one is , "I bought a diesel truck to get better fuel economy and lifted it too look cool".

Filled up again 2 more times since I first made the post and I am consistently at 46 mpg.
As a manager in a retail parts store I see this all the time and I try to explain it to them, regearing goes a long way in vehicle performance. My favorite is when somebody buys a brand new diesel truck and comes in for their first oil change and they choke when they spend almost 100 bucks on just oil alone.

Y

yellowfz

Dropped down one tooth on the front and after the ECU relearned I get between 46 and 52, lost about 2mpg but gained easier take offs.
Need new plugs and air filter, might come back up after that.

xChapterxFourx

I've filled up 3 times with my 2012 FZ6R (almost 600 miles on it) and have gotten 46.1mpg, 53mpg, & 49.5mpg...while the owner's manual doesn't say that it's a necessity to run Super Unleaded, I go ahead and run it anyways.

The "Gas Cubby" app for smart phones is what I use...definitely comes in handy!

Pinarello Rider

Y'all are giving me hope! My DD is a 2012 Focus SE 5-speed that gets me about 35mpg mixed during the summer, and 32.5 winter. I'm trading in my '02 Sportster and while I'm happy to be getting a better bike, the 43mpg advertised on the FZ6r didn't give me warm fuzzies, expecially after getting 50+ on the 883. Glad to see some folks getting good mileage. Those that are in the 30's - are you riding it like it's stolen or what?

Rich007

I just hit the 1300 mile mark today and rode 160 hard miles through the mountains and I am still at 46 mpg. Had it up to 120 a couple times pinned on the staights.

acomeaux33cx

I get around 43 mpg around home on the interstate i wanna say it was 52 mpg ill have to recheck that in a couple of weekends.