46mpg?

Rich007

So running regular unleaded Chevron I got 38 MPG, my last tank I ran premium Chevron and got 46 MPG. Granted my bike might be a little more broke in with 756 miles now versus under 600 on the last tank but it's like driving a hybrid without everyone pointing and laughing.
Does anyone else keep track and if so what do you get? My car gets about 16-17 but it automatically computes that in the trip computer.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

My car gets 53mpg (Prius - that's the lifetime average, after 70K miles), and has a range of over 550 miles. I don't care who laughs :)
Ditto - my SUV gets 20mpg (Yukon Hybrid) range of 500+ miles per tank. I don't care who laughs either :)

Cerebus

I've been getting 45-50, but I only have about 800 miles on it. I did get a measly 25 on the tank right after my first oil change. It didn't make sense, so I'm thinking I must have done a typo when calculating.

My TDI gets 50 mpg average and will do over 55 mpg on the highway ...and at the same time leave any Prius sitting in a cloud of soot at a red light. :D

BbyDenns

I get ~34-40 on the bike. I get 40+ in my 2012 Jetta with 140hp and 240 ft lbs. ~500 miles a tank. Diesel Power!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Rich007

I have checked my car manually and it is spot on every time.

Honestly I'd rather get crappy fuel economy than drive a hybrid car any day of the week. And before the Prius lovers MF me, if you look at the study's done the Prius is one of the most polluting cars ever built from day one of production to the day it get recycled.

Last edited:

Detrich

I get 21MPG on my daily driver and prolly 18MPG on my weekend car. MPG sucks, but the sweet sound and feel of the rotary puts a smile on my face every time. Wouldn't give her up for anything less civilized. Hehehe

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I average 40 mpg on the Bandit.

bmw675

My last truck averaged around 14-15. I traded it off last month for something better. Now I get 17-18. :facepalm:

I ride my bike to work as much as I can. The daytona gets mid to upper 30's.
I'm just glad my round trip to work only ranges between 13-24 miles.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bmw675

LOL @ the truck trade!

So envious of the daily commute round trip!! Man 1 fill up on the bike would last the full paycheck (lacking weekend fun rides)!. Heck even in the blazer and car would be a full paycheck....
When I towed my bike down to Alabama for the weekend in march, I got 10.5mpg for 1200 miles. Add in that I also keep my trailer 120 miles from home, that month sucked.

Usually I can last an entire month on a tank of gas, barring road trips.

Rich007

Assuming you're citing the same article/study everyone else does, it's been disproved a few times now. Search for "prius vs hummer" for more info. Here's an example.
Bore me to tears reading that.

I used to work with this girl that was going to the University of Washington and her major was something to do with environmental sciences. I had asked her why she didn't drive a Prius and she gave me this long drawn out run down of a study her class did on the manufacturing and disposal of the Prius and it was quite interesting. Not sure if I am internet savy enough to find it but go for it.

I will tell you one thing I really hate about people in the northwest that drive hybrid cars is that they believe there shit don't stink and they have the power to slow traffic down in the fast lane. I don't understand why you'd want to drive a car that is so boring to drive. There really is more to life than fuel economy. I certainly didn't expect the mileage out of my bike but then again it's fun.