2009 Pearl White....A color for women?

rober04d

Is the Pearl White color of the 2009 6R suppose to be for women? I love that design but idk if that is suppose to be a pink color on it or what. I also like the raven but idk yet. I am buying the bike tomorrow and I would like to know what you guys think.

MikeN02

Is the Pearl White color of the 2009 6R suppose to be for women? I love that design but idk if that is suppose to be a pink color on it or what. I also like the raven but idk yet. I am buying the bike tomorrow and I would like to know what you guys think.
Suppose to be yes, but some members just strip off the decals for a white bike. The main thing is the gas tank because the decal is under a clear coat so you can't take it off. Would either have to paint it or swap the tank for a 2010 one.

On another note noticed your from tally. Will be going back up there again soon to visit my friend who goes to college (FSU).

rober04d

Cool....I love tally...for the most part...I guess I might have to get the raven...Idk if getting it repainted would be worth the hassle...I love the design with the exception to the purple/pink on it.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

MikeN02

Heard someone on here struck a deal with the dealership/salesman to swap out the tank...

Believe the 2010 FZ6-R has a white/red one.

creggur

Seriously - who cares? If you like the design - ride it. My wife's (ironic right?) is that design, and it gets a lot more compliments than my perfect Crimson Tide Red VFR800.

Now it you buy pink leathers and pink helmet to match you may catch a little flak. Just sayin'...

Spunky99

I'd ride it if it was pink, purple or pumpkin orange.
The color is not what makes the bike look like a girl bike or not.
It is a bike...ride it.

Just don't wear chaps...OK....snicker snicker....ha ha..;)

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Not necessarily for women...just take the decals off. The tank is a pain though you either have to sand it down and paint it or some people have gotten magnetic things that cover them up real nice. Mine was painted and IMO, white is the best color.

Last edited:

ajskillz13

My dealer talked his Yamaha rep into sending him a 2010 white tank to replace the 2009 tank on my bike. Did it for no charge and took the decals off the fairing as well. Still got the bike for $5,600. Just tell your dealer that if they want to move that 2009, they need to swap the tank. I love the white. There just aren't a lot of white bikes out there.

Detrich

white seems to be more popular a color among the girl riders at my local bike meet as well. but, the black & white looks awesome at night, and i think it just looks very sharp- regardless for a guy or girl. if you wear a black & white race suit with a white bike, then you'll look like a storm trooper on 2 wheels, which is pretty awesome... :)

krytenx

I just bought a 2010 white one today :)steve:). The design was certainly intended to appeal to women (I'm a dude) but those stickers peel right off. I plan on asking the dealer to remove mine before I pick it up tomorrow. Black is way too common, my Triumph is black and all my friends' bikes are black.

By the way, can anyone tell me what the color of the Yamaha logo on the bottom of the bike is? I'm partially color blind and have trouble telling my pinks from my grays. :)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

renniks65

I bought the white since they only wanted $4500...guess it couldn't move off the floor......removed the stickers from the faring and covered the tank with black "stomp gripz".....kind of a knobby rubber pad that goes on the sides for trick riding....got to love the result....took a bit of trimming, but covered the pink....have to agree with the Cadillac pearl....looks pretty good now.....pics will be coming after the fender elimination kit and integrated front signals installed....this weekend!! :)

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

ironcrossmike

When we boought my wife's white and MAGENTA (not pink) she was not comfortable enough with it to ride it home, Sooo I had to. Thought I would be embarrassed but was seriously impressed with the bike's handling and comfort, besides you cant see any of the graphics from the saddle.

Stephenfz6r

:disapprove:If you go to brokeback mountain for vacation then the white/pink will do just fine. I'm with Henry Ford on the color wheel.
:shakehead:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Spunky99

magenta is just another form of pink. good luck with your girl bike. LOL.
Fuchsia is the other pink...not magenta....

Here is my custom made Telecaster in fuchsia..Looks like Prince should be playing it...

There's a saying..."Telecasters and motorcycles can't be too pretty".