Yamaha slowly revealing 2013 lineup

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

BoneJj

I like that XT 250 but I want the same with a 450....

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BKP

LOL... doesn't look like a single functional upgrade. Same as the '09-'12...

Not even optional ABS, or new swingarm...
Meh... I like it as is... I'll keep my copper...

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

danieljardim

Liked the color scheme. THe cooper raven is far the best looking in my opinion. I think one of the reasons I urged to trade in out of my 6r that I didnt find a cooper to buy and end up buying the black one.

One the pictures looks like the handle bar is lower? different? do i need glasses?

JSP

Super Moderator
Not digging that scheme at all... White front fender just does not fit at all IMO..

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

afilipo21

I am looking to buy the new 2012 fz6r this coming weekend....should I wait for the 2013? When do the new models come out?
I would go with the 2012, you could probably get a better deal since they need to make room for the new inventory...but thats just me

:zombie:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

I wonder how interchangeable the plastics are between years. That way you could always just swap the plastics..

At least they brought the wet weight of the 2013 R1 back down to 454 lbs. The 475 lbs of the 2012 was getting shat on in all the reviews. It doesn't seem like they improved engine tuning at all, which won't improve the reviews. But, the shedding of 21 lbs should help a bit.

danieljardim

How the twin feel? Any vibration? I agree with you, I'll keep the 6R.
My ducati is a twin. Vibrates a lot but for some reason my hands won't get numb as fast as the fz6r.

One of the mechanics here said the big difference is the frequency of the vibration. Don't know if it's true or not.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member